Challenge-I-01

Ozbenno, I sent you an email via the hof...gmail.com account.

---------------

Game summary.

1. 940 AD victory. Four AIs on the home continent, two overseas. Teched worker techs first, then MC. This was situational, though, because I had all three happy metals. I had two bad lucks, slowing down my overall finish--lost the Pyramids race and no one else researched Alpha for me. Otherwise, I think I played this pretty well.

2. Starting strategy: beeline Astro using a war/cottage/bulb+Rep economy, slingshooting CoL for CS. Actual strategy deviated because Izzy was nearby and didn't have copper, so I took her out instead of building the Oracle.

3. I tried mapfinding for marble/stone plains hills, but came across a nice site with silver, gold and two food so I tried it even with the slow first worker. Izzy was just south of me and she was cottaging her capital like mad so my second settler grabbed horses and I rushed her, capturing 3 nice cities, one with stone. This gave my already fast research a serious kick in the arse.

4. Washington beat me to the Pyramids and I warred instead of going for the ORacle, so I ended up not building any world wonders. I researched MC (I had gold, silver, and gems) before math and alpha, thinking to get them in trade, but finally had to do alpha myself, annoyingly. So I had fast research but it didn't help me that much.

5. My second bit of warring was nearby Asoka, using cats, xbows and chariots, with Washington unexpectedly dogpiling me toward the end. Luckily for me, his SoD was 1 axe which stole a worker. As it turned out, his DoW helped me forward as I ran two fronts, Asoka to the east and Washington to the southwest.

6. Bulbed Optics then Astro in 200AD. Then researched Engineering for +1 movement and Guilds for knights.

7. I cleaned up the rest using knights, leftover xbows and lots of cats. The AIs on my home continent had a lot of space to the south and managed to build a lot of cities, so I ended up having 3 fronts, two overseas and one at home, to finish asap.

-------------

A few tricks I used.

1. After bulbing Astro I spawned two more GPs, first a GM for cash to upgrade a stack of HAs to knights, and then one for a GA in the endgame.

2. Unlike hhhawk, I played with Mansa Musa. I wanted someone to trade me Feudalism for sure. I was fortunate that he was in the deep south, so I traded a number of tech from him and then took him out last.

3. As soon as I met Mansa, I weighted him 1 on espionage points. This told me what he was researching throughout the game and gave me the chance to revolt a city of his in the endgame (didn't need to though).

Can anyone give a definitive answer on which victory is recorded if you reach the Domination limit at the same time as you capitulate the last AI for a conquest win? I have reached that point in my best try to date and don't want to accept the capitulation if in doing so it records a Domination win versus a Conquest win.

Can anyone give a definitive answer on which victory is recorded if you reach the Domination limit at the same time as you capitulate the last AI for a conquest win? I have reached that point in my best try to date and don't want to accept the capitulation if in doing so it records a Domination win versus a Conquest win.

I think you get Domination first so don't risk it. If you are close to domination, gift back a lot of cities to capitulated AIs.

Nice time LowtherCastle :goodjob:

Top Bottom