Challenge-VIII-02

Ozbenno

Fly Fly Away
Hall of Fame Staff
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we are running a series of ten games called the Hall of Fame Challenge Series. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings of one of the games will be counted towards the Challenge.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Domination (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Emperor
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Standard
  • Map Type: Inland Sea
  • Speed: Normal
  • Required: No Tribal Villages, No Random Events
  • Must Not Be Checked: No Barbarians
  • Civ: Rome
  • Opponents: Must include Arabia (Saladin), Carthage (Hannibal), Celt (Brennus), Egypt (Hatshepsut), Greece (Alexander), Persia (Cyrus)
  • Version: 3.19.003
  • Date: 8th June to 8th October 2012
Must not play as Inca.
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Yep.
I stopped waging wars with Alex because I had Saladin in mind as a vassal to boost my score and Alex to secure a 100% chance for domination instead of the dice roll 50% conquest or 50% domination.
Possible, if I managed my settlers better, I would have not won on 250AD by less than half of a percent over domination. Last city covered a single tile and tripped over domination.

BTW, there were three fake attempts before this attempt; that one is the only one that passed over the 1000 BC threshold. I had a nice attempt before, but I realized it would be more intelligent with a feudalism slingshot.

@Ozbenno

Remember of the odd start where I had gems below my starting settler and a made a visitor comment about it...well, in one of the fake attempts, Hatty had rice under her capital (not a new capital, but the original where the starting settler always SIP).

I think inland sea is a bugged mapscript.

@Ozbenno

Remember of the odd start where I had gems below my starting settler and a made a visitor comment about it...well, in one of the fake attempts, Hatty had rice under her capital (not a new capital, but the original where the starting settler always SIP).

I think inland sea is a bugged mapscript.

Must be. Silly Hatty for not moving her capital :lol:

Top Bottom