Challenge-XVIII-01

Noble Zarkon

Elite Quattromaster - Immortal (BTS)
Super Moderator
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we are running a series of ten games called the Hall of Fame Challenge Series - "Fall of the Inca". Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but your best submission meeting the settings of one of the games will be counted towards the Challenge.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!
(*) Games must be played using the >> BUFFY MOD 3.19.003 << or >>>BUFFY MOD 3.19.004b<<<.
(*) Games to be submitted via the >> Civ IV Hall of Fame Website <<
(*) New players, please >> register << using your CFC forum name
Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Conquest (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Deity
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Small
  • Speed: Marathon
  • Map Type: Pangaea
  • Civ: Aztec (Montezuma)
  • Opponents: Must include America (Lincoln), Egypt (Ramesses II), France (Napoleon), India (Gandhi)
  • Version: 3.19.003 or 3.19.004b
  • Date: 25th January to 24th July 2017
Must not play as Inca.
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.​

I think no one is doing this one as it is impossible. Here Incas clearly rule. Gawd, Marathon blows.

Last edited:
Think it's okay, we also had no chance against the Inca date in occ Ragnar ;)

Should be a not too long game if you can find a good start with bfc copper, ofc it's annoying not knowing that.
Or maybe there are better options than Axes, and i just cannot see them?

I saw that noone tried this challenge, so I decided to play a in the last few days of the challenge.

I selected No City Razing without thinking about it. That forced me to get Feudalism and vassal at least some AIs for the conquest win. The win date really suffered as a result.

I did an Elephant Catapult rush. Wiped out Napoleon using Axemen and Catapults. Added War Elephants to wipe out Ramesses II and vassal Gandhi and Lincoln. When I vassaled Lincoln, that gave me two victory conditons, conquest and domination, but luckily I won conquest in the victory condition "coin flip".

It was a fun game!

Top Bottom