Changing Mouse Controls

WRobN

Chieftain
Is it possible to change the controls of the mouse?

My right mouse button has some issues and i dont have the cash right now to buy a new one.
The problem is that for combat odds you need to right click over a unit.
But my right mouse button sometimes does release while i still am holding down the button.
When you hold rmb on desktop and move you will draw a selection field, but releasing opens the menu. Well, this menu pop up is happening 30% of the time while i still am holding the rmb.

I cleaned my mouse but noticed a slight indentation in the plastic that supposed to touch the trigger mechanics. I repaired it with some tape but sometimes it still does the release.

And its real annoying to constantly save the game for those moments.
If for instance my odds are below 10% i wouldnt know it because my unit attacks instantly and dies...

So is it possible to hold a extra button together with the rmb to stop movement until that button is released?
Like shift + rmb is waypoints, maybe ctrl+rmb or different...

Or maybe a button that copys the rmb function, so i can press a keyboard key instead of the rmb.

:bump:

:sarcasm:
My mouse is repaired, but thank you all for the enormous reactions i get to this topic.
Your help was critical for solving my problem.

I hope others who come to this forum dont need to wait like this.
I thought tech support could help me but i was wrong....

I currently count pretty much exactly 2 or 3 active users in this subforum (including me) and I was gone for a week - so there ;)
If things here are too slow for you I'd recommend contacting the Take Two tech support - they at least are getting paid for their work :mischief:

Top Bottom