Changing the City State names to appear in WB

robacus

Chieftain
Hi guys, im trying to create a personalised True Start Earth map with some renamed City States

ive loaded CIV5MinorCivilizations.xml and CIV5GameTextInfos_CityStates.xml into the modbuddy, editted the names in the files there and then tried to open it in world builder and loaded the mod. then i open the map and its the name city state names without changes

ive added 2 sql statements as well from kaels modding guide to load these files and still no luck

can anyone help with this and sorry if i posted it in the wrong forum

is the mod loaded in game? ive never had to load it inside WB, just make sure civ5 had whatever mod with new city states active, exit the game, start WB and they would be there

is the mod loaded in game? ive never had to load it inside WB, just make sure civ5 had whatever mod with new city states active, exit the game, start WB and they would be there

no, i start as a civ thats near a city state that should have a different name

so the only reason im opening it in WB first is to check if the name as changed there, instead of loading another new game

also ive tried to create an update file, as described on page 23 i think of kaels guide to modding but that hasnt worked either

if it doesnt work then i dont know what could be wrong. WB checks active mods when it starts (part of the reason it will complain if you try to start it with the game running) and it will pull names from whatever it finds in the modded db

hey smellymummy, i just downloaded you Standard earth (80x52) - 18 civs mod and im looking at the files you used to change the citystate names. nice mod man, i just dont like looking at that map from anywhere outside of europe or africa! hurts my eyes lol

im trying to think of a way of just taking your citystates.xml file and adding new lines too that and using my map, if i started a new project, which way would you do it? thanks for all the help so far

do i need to add any sql statements in the properties?

open modbuddy
new project
give name
add existing item
added the citystates.xml from your mod
Build

open world builder
mods
turn on this new mod
load map

still not working

you don't have to load it in game to see if it works (or to make it work, I don't quite understand what you mean). Firing up WB and loading the mod from within that will tell you if its working.

you don't have to load it in game to see if it works (or to make it work, I don't quite understand what you mean). Firing up WB and loading the mod from within that will tell you if its working.

thats what im doing but its not working

and loading it in the game isnt working either, but then again, i wouldnt be able to see any changes to a map if i didnt load it first in wb and then edit the new city states in

well looking back what do you mean when you say, "I've added 2 sql statements to load the files"?

thats not what you want to do. To make the xml files load up, you will need to add Action to them. Like OnModActivated / UpdateDatabase / your file name and location. iirc its within the mod properties tab. If you don't have that, your mod wont do anything.

If you've already did that and its still not working, I suspect you have moved or renamed one or more of the files. ModBuddy doesn't like it when you do that, and generally cannot follow the new path without manually changing a bunch of stuff. Basically if you need to move or rename a file, your better off just making a new one, and pasting the contents of the old file into it.

hi guys, just to let yous know i got this working fine now, im just wondering about adding more city states now

Top Bottom