Cheating!

zeeter

Emperor
The cheating in this game is out of control. We want to play an honest game but there's people with multi-accounts playing, moving hammers from their extra account to their main account. There's spies, who join a science-heavy civ, take advantage of the science bonuses, then join their main civ right before an era win. Main civs kept on closed borders, of course, except when they let their other accounts in. Of course, since these guys steal all of their science by infiltrating other civs they have enormous militaries that can't be beaten by the honest civs.

Is there some problem with preventing people with the same IP addresses into the game? It might not keep out the computer savvy people, but the average computer user doesn't know how to access a site from a different IP address.

Well you could send a message to facebook to fix this.

if this doesn't work try playing civilization 4 multiplayer it has better rules against cheating

... We want to play an honest game but there's people with multi-accounts ....

We? Seems like there are barely enough accounts playing to be considered a group large enough to be considered 'we' and now you want to ban the folks who are inflating the DAU?

... There's spies, who join a science-heavy civ, take advantage of the science bonuses, then join their main civ right before an era win. ... since these guys steal all of their science by infiltrating other civs ....

Just how does that work exactly? The techs stay with the civ, not with the people, so the only way a person can take a tech with them is if they researched it for YOU first. No wonder they left if they researched a tech for you and then was accused of cheating.

... Of course, since these guys steal all of their science by infiltrating other civs they have enormous militaries that can't be beaten by the honest civs.

Just how does research increase production again?

Ultimately, every senior member on the 2K forum has been accused of cheating multiple times. Most of what is being attributed to cheating, is actually the result of a deeper understanding of the game mechanics than is visible to those who mistake civWorld for a simple facebook game.

Everybody complains of spies. Being a spy is a complete waste of an account. I would rather have an inactive civ accumulating all the gold I am gifting it, than have a spy lurking in another civ.

Increased production is a definite advantage that multiple accounts have but if you were to ask me to chose between that or 1) two strong teamates in a guild or 2) 100 civbucks to spend in-game... the joint accounts would be my third preference.

Top Bottom