Chess.com nightmare!

Flying Pig

Utrinque Paratus
Retired Moderator
I was playing live chess against a guy who was 1023 or so to my 1200, and the board froze up! He didn't take a draw, so I resigned, losing 300 points! Anyone else had that?

Live chess is pretty crummy at the moment. Erik plans to release a massive Live Chess fix/stable non-beta version fairly soon.

Blitz is not my strong suit anyway so maybe it's good, it keeps me from playing too much. I prefer my blitz OTB anyway.

I was on live chess one night, and every match I accepted froze. It didn't affect my rating, but that's only because the server didn't assign me to the games. I rarely play livechess, so it was pretty disappointing that I couldn't play when the mood happened to strike me.

But I really find LiveChess to be useful for testing my understanding of openings. As long as I view it as a tool with limited impact, the bugginess doesn't bother me.

The thread title accurately describes my feelings...I got my *ss whipped four times in a row today, most recently by 1363 player. My rating is somewhere in 1300's now, too. Not that I ever got I much over 1600 (I guess I did, a bit, for a while)

Guess that's what I deserve for playing blitz during work

Hanging pieces, missing forks :cringe:... damn, I've started to suck at live chess recently.

I enjoy Live - I'm currently tying to get 1000 back after being thrashed twice in a row in my first two games.

I may work on it myself when I get more time off work.

Top Bottom