Chi - Huge Fractal - invite only

I'll play a game with AI.

I think we should have another game as well including TwinkleToes, large/no ai.

Now I remember.... offering potentially others as well.

I'm happy to do this ( or join another ) once this first one is set up.

I'm game for just about any scenario. As I have stated I am new at playing against Humans so it probably wont matter to much as I will probably be destroyed.

That being said, I wont go down without a fight.

No real further debate on maps, so I guess I will have to do something arbitrary...
and perhaps a bit of research myself about the options so far suggested...

Once this is actually started, I will set up a new thread for a new game, and start with an email to the current players, and include Twinkletoes.

Apologies.

Work has been keeping me from setting it up, and I have been prioritising playing the games I am already in.

I have a play order ready, and updated the opening post with this. This is based on a follow the sun model, but twice round the world in two days, with half the players in each day.
This instead of a strict follow the sun with everyone in order - because there seems too much bunching in the gmt(0+1) and the gmt(-5) timezones.
(Anyone want to comment on this idea?)

I have been doing some looking at maps, but so far not impressed so much with anything I saw.
Too many deserts and arid stuff, and that was temperate.

If not before, I will kick this off at the weekend.

Also looking at gold to start. Past experience is that whatever gold is chosen in the setup menu, is rationed downwards by some varying percentage depending on map size and layout, or some other factor.
I was trying to find the right amount of gold to start with a couple of towns or settlers, and a few units. I would prefer no tech buying... it looked something like 400 or so would do it.

Also looking at gold to start. Past experience is that whatever gold is chosen in the setup menu, is rationed downwards by some varying percentage depending on map size and layout, or some other factor.

The factor is the difficulty level..

Trying to limit gold as you did, I thought that 450G would work. With the degradation due to playing level 405 remains. Starting with 440G, 396 remains. Both were adequate. In one start I ended on a large isle, alone. In the other I thought my position was bad and it was but I was fortunate in city placement and weak neighbors. I didn't play very far in either just enough to get a feel.
Big & Small Map

I also tried out the Custom_Continents with a random number of continents. It worked very well. Even when 6 showed up there were 3 civs on each continent and each continent about the equal of another. Also with the 450G which reduces to 405G.

And we have started. Sorry about the delay.

If you went random, please email me with the leader and tribe you ended up with so I can update the first post.

PBEMtracker is updated

Please let me know which you intend to use
- pbemtracker,
- ruffhi's email utility,
- this thread
to notify of gps

good luck everyone.

We went for 440 gold appearing as 396
Big&Small - snaky continents and islands mixed in

gpcii, pbemtracker will automaticly send you your turn when its your turn, and instead of emailing you upload the next turn to the site.

It just wont work untill all have registrered.

I don't know gpcii's email address.

PM or email me.

mail and not gmail? sent to mail anyway.

gpcii, pbemtracker will automaticly send you your turn when its your turn, and instead of emailing you upload the next turn to the site.

It just wont work untill all have registrered.

Sounds like an extra step to me, can I just send it "in-game"?

I don't really see the advantage of using the tracker... I did register though.

Top Bottom