• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

China Mod

Here is a compilation of various Chinese things for Civ 3 Conquests. It replaces Mao with Tang Taizong, adds Chu-Ko-Nu and Rocket Corps for Unique Units, changes the city list, color, and traits and has appropriate Civilopedia entries for all.

Credits:

firaxis for the Tang Taizong LH

utahjazz7 for the Rocket Corps

Jimmyh for the Chu-Ko-Nu

This is a simple mod.

And my debut as a modder! :D

Enjoy!

Version 2.0!

Version 2.0 takes away Rider and Rocket Corps and keeps Chu-Ko-Nu, providing China with one UU like the rest, keeping the balance. It also adds Ogedei_the_Mad's awesome China city sets for the Asian culture group. It also removes the Rider and adds the Chu-Ko-Nu for the China civilopedia entry.

Version 1.0: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10847

Version 2.0: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10881

If there are any glitches (or you have suggestions), please let me know!

Wow. Where's that Taizong Leaderhead coming from? Is it from some foreign version of Civ3? Never seen that before, he's much better than the mass murderer we have.

Nice! Thanks very much.

Anyhoo, I believe Firaxis took him from the Chinese version of Civ 3.

So, China gets two new uu's but no one else?

That's right; it's a bad idea. I did that mostly to test my skillz...

However, the aim of this mod is to change the leader, city list, traits, UU, and civilopedia entries to appropriate ones.

..or making it balanced in any way. That's one of the biggest skills in modding. :)

Would you mind uploading the Tang Taizong LH to the Database? I just downloaded the mod to get a look at it, it'd be nice to have this added to the selection.

Found it. It was Li Shi Min in the database so harder to find than I expected.

Hey, its just nice to be reminded we have it. :D

Sooo.. Let me get this straight.

You replaced the UU and you are posting a mod. Congratulations. Thank you for your contribution to the civ community. We are forever in debt.

Argh...I replaced the leader too and city styles, changed the color, city list, civilopedia, and traits. It sucks, but I can't think of other stuff...Suggestions???

Sooo.. Let me get this straight.

You replaced the UU and you are posting a mod. Congratulations. Thank you for your contribution to the civ community. We are forever in debt.

Yes, shame on you HC, spamming this ever lively sub-forum, taking precious space reserved for Niftan`s grandiose examples of modding..

HC - it seems to me that you have accomplished your goals for this mod. I mean, you did the stuff you said you wanted to do.. Any other civs you want to change? :)

Hmm...maybe India...or possibly Russia (many people do not like Catherine).

At present I'm doing another simple mod where I add 4 Africans civs, their city styles, pop heads, and civilopedia entries. Just as soon as I work on the UUs, I might post it :)

Top Bottom