Chinese state media praises gay parade

Ill never quite understand the idea of a Gay Pride Parade. I mean the symbolism is nice and all but it is a bit too much. It is an excuse to be as outrageous as possible to some.
I never understood the idea of a Homecoming parade. I mean the symbolism is nice and all but with all the Shriners in tiny cars, nubile underage girls in skimpy outfits twirling batons, and clowns scaring little kids, it is a bit much. It is an excuse to be as outrageous as possible to some.

I never understood the idea of a Homecoming parade. I mean the symbolism is nice and all but with all the Shriners in tiny cars, nubile underage girls in skimpy outfits twirling batons, and clowns scaring little kids, it is a bit much. It is an excuse to be as outrageous as possible to some.

I said I never understood the idea. I never said lets end it. Sheesh, a little decaf or something?

Well, yeah, it's a nice little excuse. Ok, so it's not for social reasons.

My point was that it seemed like taillesskangaru was trying to say that China was a republic in response to you saying "if China was democratic". I realize now that he probably meant Taiwan, which actually is a republic.

So basically you just want to comment on some country that you know nothing about.

I can see why they're doing.
There's a lot of homosexuality. Because there ins't enough women in China. For real. I've heard they're actually exporting women from other countries.

:lol:

When my company relocated to Manhattan back in the 70s, I found myself loooking for an apartment in the Village area during the second gay pride day. The event was so big with so many people from other areas of the US and even other countries, it basically closed down the entire section of the island. There must have been over a million gays in attendance.

I've never been a homophobe so it didn't bother me in the least - just the opposite. Back then, nearly everybody who was gay was in the closet so it was a really big deal for many of them who had never dared to show their true feelings in public before.

Now, of course, everything has changed. I doubt too many people are in the closet anymore outside of the military. And even there, it seems to be more of a notion than a reality these days. It seems you can find at least one gay bar right outside the entrance to nearly every military base in the world. But I can imagine that things might still be a bit different for most gays in China. More power to them.

Top Bottom