Christian Bale visits Aurora shooting victims

Meteor Man

Cylindropuntia imbricata
Victims of Friday's shooting at a midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" received a visit from Batman himself on Tuesday, as Christian Bale reportedly stopped by Aurora, Colo.

"Mr. Bale is there as himself, not representing Warner Brothers," a representative for the studio told the Denver Post.

The actor, who has portrayed Batman in all three of director Christopher Nolan's films on the subject, had previously released a statement of condolences.

"Words cannot express the horror that I feel,” he said Saturday. “I cannot begin to truly understand the pain and grief of the victims and their loved ones, but my heart goes out to them.”

Some photos of Bale in Aurora are available below. The young man in the first photo is Carey Rottman, who was shot in the leg during the attack. Rottman has posted photos of his very famous visitors, including politicians and members of the Denver Broncos.

On the day of the shooting, Rottman posted this Facebook status: "Shot in the leg at Batman. Where is he when you need him. Please pray for everyone there."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...a-victims-shooting-dark-knight_n_1699662.html

It's funny, because there was a petition going around Facebook and Tumblr talking about this exact thing. I didn't think it was actually going to happen. :clap:

I was going to write a comment here, then decided to spoiler it since it might be crass, then decided it probably was crass, so I'm writing nothing.

Good for him and the victims. Although...

On the day of the shooting, Rottman posted this Facebook status: "Shot in the leg at Batman. Where is he when you need him. Please pray for everyone there."

Really? "Where is he when you need him"? Probably in Silverscreen-land.

Didn't the Facebook petition request he do so in the Batsuit? Kind of glad that didn't happen. It'd be awkward and gimmicky.

Well, obviously. It was meant mostly as a joke. In fact, there was another one that said that he should dress up as batman and kick the s*** out of the guy who did it.

The amount of Aurora shooting posts is TOO DAMN HIGH!

12 people died. In the United States. In ONE shooting.

I think it's good he came to see them and also probably better he didn't wear the Batman suit. For some, that might have been frightening, especially the younger people there. I just hope they let the people who were in the theater see the movie again for free.

I don't know if they'd want to go to a movie again for a long time.

I would hate to see half of a movie like that and never get to see the ending. Even with the shooting, it's hard to leave a movie like that without knowing the ending. Offering to let them see it would be a good move IMO even if not everyone accepted.

I would hate to see half of a movie like that and never get to see the ending. Even with the shooting, it's hard to leave a movie like that without knowing the ending. Offering to let them see it would be a good move IMO even if not everyone accepted.

Have you been in a shooting?

Seriously?!? I find it hard to believe that your comment is not satirical. Staying at the theatre after someone came in to murder you is insane.

Seriously?!? I find it hard to believe that your comment is not satirical. Staying at the theatre after someone came in to murder you is insane.
Context. Context is everything. :twitch:

I really don't think he meant what you thought he meant.

Isn't one religion thread enough?

Or one thread about homosexuality? :mischief:

It was such a good movie though :(

I actually didnt think so. Liked the first 2 much better. I found this one slow, and some of the things in it were just simply too stupid to believe even for a comic book movie.

But good for Bale to do this. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Top Bottom