Chronicles of Adea - fantasy mod development thread

Yeah, I figured that. I was just saying it'll be awhile before I can do much. I mean, what I'd do (until it's BNW compatible) is probably just have a text file going outside of the mod files with snippets of code as the changes are decided on. Then, when it's BNW compatible, I can copy & paste it all in & make it proper code.

Work on the mod has resumed, see the mod's forum for more information. If you want to join the team, or just provide some opinions or suggestions, you can post there.

that's great!

What does "joining the team" entail?

Helping with the mod development, and taking part in design decisions (in controversial matters we can arrange polls among team members).

Several people applied for the team in the past, but some of them were inactive. Judging from the list of people that registered on my forum, the current team is as follows:

me
MrCasperTom
rocklikeafool
Trehawk

Helping with the mod development, and taking part in design decisions (in controversial matters we can arrange polls among team members).

Several people applied for the team in the past, but some of them were inactive. Judging from the list of people that registered on my forum, the current team is as follows:

me
MrCasperTom
rocklikeafool
Trehawk

Would it be okay if I applied for the "Helping with the mod development" part, but not the "design decisions" part?

Would it be okay if I applied for the "Helping with the mod development" part, but not the "design decisions" part?

Of course :) All your scenarios are excellent quality, so I'm sure you can be very helpful - what aspects of the mod you're the most interested in helping with? We use GitHub, so we can divide the areas of responsibility between team members, while maintaining the integrity of the mod.

Of course :) All your scenarios are excellent quality, so I'm sure you can be very helpful - what aspects of the mod you're the most interested in helping with? We use GitHub, so we can divide the areas of responsibility between team members, while maintaining the integrity of the mod.

Okay, how do I apply?

My greatest strength is probably database manipulation, though I can also provide simple lua scripts and passable icon art. I have submitted a few mods to this site, and you can see examples of my work in my profile.

I have to say, I'm only interested in working on the project if there is a firm deadline for release. Given that you've been working on the mod for a year or so, I suspect you just need a final push for release?

I haven't used GitHub, but I have used Sourceforge which allows real-time code updates from multiple sources. I imagine gh is like that?

GitHub is similar, but I don't think it allows real time updates. The way it works is, you would get access to the repository from PawelS. Then, you can sync with any updates others make and sync your own updates. So, it's not real-time. But it does maintain project integrity.

@Pawel:
I'll be around, btw. It's just that my main computer isn't working. And I have Linux on my laptop for school (because a lot of my classes use Linux for programming), which of course means I can't install Civ V on it. Anyway...I'll keep you updated. Sorry I'm not able to actively do stuff for the moment.

I must admit I don't have any deadline for release. I'm currently reworking the mod for BNW, and adding some new things (like automatic tooltips). The tech tree needs a rework too. I'm working on the mod every day, but my development style is that everything must be well thought and working properly. So I have no idea how much time it will take me - it's done when it's done.

Hey, are we using any of the "Brave New World" stuff? Because if so...I need to buy that, lol.

Hey, are we using any of the "Brave New World" stuff? Because if so...I need to buy that, lol.

Yeah, I'm making the mod compatible with BNW, and there are some stuff in the expansion that we can use - units (the axe-throwing barbarian and Siege Tower for example), ideologies, the World Congress (not in the alpha) etc.

Yeah, I'm making the mod compatible with BNW, and there are some stuff in the expansion that we can use - units (the axe-throwing barbarian and Siege Tower for example), ideologies, the World Congress (not in the alpha) etc.
Ok. Sounds good.

I must admit I don't have any deadline for release. I'm currently reworking the mod for BNW, and adding some new things (like automatic tooltips). The tech tree needs a rework too. I'm working on the mod every day, but my development style is that everything must be well thought and working properly. So I have no idea how much time it will take me - it's done when it's done.

I could not, in good faith, put effort and time into a project that was completely open-ended, and might in fact never come to fruition.

If you decide to set a deadline, let me know and I would be delighted to use all my skills in helping to make it the best fantasy mod out there.

I could not, in good faith, put effort and time into a project that was completely open-ended, and might in fact never come to fruition.

If you decide to set a deadline, let me know and I would be delighted to use all my skills in helping to make it the best fantasy mod out there.

OK, I understand your approach. Perhaps when the mod is closer to completion I will be able to set a deadline, also after the mod is released I can ask you for help with improving it.

I have Windows 7 and CivV installed again. I probably should start working on Civics again. Have there been any changes to the Civics since...well, several months ago?

Can definitely help in the way of icon art.

I have Windows 7 and CivV installed again. I probably should start working on Civics again. Have there been any changes to the Civics since...well, several months ago?

That's good, if you succeed to add the Policies, this will greatly speed up the mod development process. Today I will make necessary changes to the interface files, and check if the plans for Policies need any updates (and post them on the Adea forum), and then upload the current version of the mod to GitHub. The current version has only a few techs (but all things enabled by these techs are functional), as I'm in the process of converting the old version to BNW, with updating some things related to the interface, like automatic tooltips. I plan automatic tooltips for Policies too, so you don't have to write descriptions for them - they will be generated automatically based on the database content.

Do you have BNW?

Can definitely help in the way of icon art.

Great! Can you make civ icons? Irkalla created beautiful icons for two civs, but now he disappeared and doesn't answer my PM, so I don't even have the .dds files for them...

That's good, if you succeed to add the Policies, this will greatly speed up the mod development process. Today I will make necessary changes to the interface files, and check if the plans for Policies need any updates (and post them on the Adea forum), and then upload the current version of the mod to GitHub. The current version has only a few techs (but all things enabled by these techs are functional), as I'm in the process of converting the old version to BNW, with updating some things related to the interface, like automatic tooltips. I plan automatic tooltips for Policies too, so you don't have to write descriptions for them - they will be generated automatically based on the database content.
Sounds good. Thanks.

Good to hear that I don't need to write descriptions though. Saves a tiny bit of work. :)

Do you have BNW?
Not yet, unfortunately.

Top Bottom