Citizen Honors Nominations

If we can, sounds good to me (no, I am NOT offering awards to powerful people in the hopes of getting myself social status and customers! of course not!)

I am concerned that all of the honors except for one are for work on the RPG. Are we losing sight of the democracy game?:confused:

Good point. However, it would seem to me that not a whole lot has happened game-wise this term (no major projects, wars, etc.), that citizen groups seem to be at an all-time low, and that the basis of the basic game has been already been established. However, the RPG is an all-new thing that required a lot of work to set up from scratch, earning the people who worked on it some awards. Just my opinion. If you want, nominate somebody for something non-RPG related.

Originally posted by Grandmaster
Good point. However, it would seem to me that not a whole lot has happened game-wise this term (no major projects, wars, etc.), that citizen groups seem to be at an all-time low, and that the basis of the basic game has been already been established. However, the RPG is an all-new thing that required a lot of work to set up from scratch, earning the people who worked on it some awards. Just my opinion. If you want, nominate somebody for something non-RPG related.

I actually meant to nominate someone in my last post. Thanks for reminding me. I nominate donsig for his tireless work, as a mere citizen, at keeping the government working.

yes what grandmaster said a lot more has happened in the rpg than the demogame so far this termmaybe next term there will be more demogame nominations

I would propose the following:
All RPG based honours should NOT be eligable for naming cities. Therefor, no quorum must be met for the RPG nominations. But they should be clearly marked as such in the poll.

All NON-Rpg based honours should be eligable for city naming, but as that MUST reach quorum to be effective.

Where is my nomination for making our national flags. I cant be that hated for making them :) Shoot even Betsy Ross (creater of the US flag) got national recognition ;)

I nominate: Fionn. :)
I only forgot before.
Reason: Percect flagmaking in this and the last game. And to encourage to continue this good job.
And i nominate:
FortyJ, for his selfless effort in making maps and his dedication to the cartographic office.
Both for the oliven zweige of course.

Btw:
I requested reopening of the old honour polls to get them to quorum.

I honestly think at this point we shouldn't be honoring anyone. Our society has not even gotten out of the ancient era.

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
I honestly think at this point we shouldn't be honoring anyone. Our society has not even gotten out of the ancient era.

What does us being in the anceint era have anything to do with nominating people for citizen honors?

As always, my problem with the honors is that the people who really deserve them, rarely get them. Plus, noone is really deserving of an honor at this point in the game, except maybe Shaitan, who put in a ridiculous amount of time organizing the RPG. It seems the honors will mean a lot more if you stop lumping them on everybody but those who actually run the government, and wait for people to do something exceptional.

Take Forty as example. He deserves it, as doint the maps is hard work most of the time. More work than some of our leaders put in their job.
And yes, some people really did put much work in the rpg. Many hidden and not openly.

And also, i would propose NOT giving honours to officials only because they did their job. A president has to do some things, that is clear. But no need for a honour there :)

Originally posted by disorganizer
And also, i would propose NOT giving honours to officials only because they did their job. A president has to do some things, that is clear. But no need for a honour there :)

Ok. In that case, only people who do not have a job can be honored?:confused: I hardly consider making maps or posting in RPG reformation threads more difficult or more important than being a competent cabinet member. What I want to see is honors going out only to those who make an exceptional contribution, not to everyone but the leaders who does anything...

Originally posted by eyrei

Ok. In that case, only people who do not have a job can be honored?:confused: I hardly consider making maps or posting in RPG reformation threads more difficult or more important than being a competent cabinet member. What I want to see is honors going out only to those who make an exceptional contribution, not to everyone but the leaders who does anything...

Eyrei.... Stop complianing.... I've always wanted to get an honor for being science leader for 4 months. No I want one for putting up with Bill, Donsig, & Cyc for two terms.... Dang.... Talk about triple teaming their.... A pour 13 year old against all 3 of them who is probley 3x (at the lowest 2x) older than I am :(

Originally posted by Strider

Eyrei.... Stop complianing.... I've always wanted to get an honor for being science leader for 4 months. No I want one for putting up with Bill, Donsig, & Cyc for two terms.... Dang.... Talk about triple teaming their.... A pour 13 year old against all 3 of them who is probley 3x (at the lowest 2x) older than I am :(

I am compaining because this system of honors is ridiculous, and that is exactly why you didn't get an honor for being science leader for so long. I never got one for being domestic leader, VP or president either. I didn't really care, because very few of the honors that were given out were really meaningful anyway.

And, BTW, the reason they are acting against you is because you are treading the very edge of the constitution.;)

Top Bottom