Citizens are Fleeing!?!

Bleser

Prince
So in my current game I am playing as Darius of the Persians and my Immortals are sweeping the countryside wiping out my closest neighbors. Each city that I capture and then choose to raze pops a message about the citizens of that city fleeing to the capital prepared to defend to the last person. A message then pops up saying that "the Khmer citizens are running away from the evil Persian invasion" or something along those lines.

Has anyone else gotten this? Is this a v3.13 change to BtS? It's pretty cool but only seems to add a few warrior defenders to the capital (it's only 900 BC). Does anyone know if it just adds warrior defenders or if it also gets negative rep with other leaders, etc?

This is a random event introduced in BtS (not the patch). It basically spawns a couple of soldiers in the defender's capital, or in some cases, around the city you razed. It's damn annoying, to be honest, but adds some realism and makes you think twice before razing that city.

This is a random event introduced in BtS (not the patch). It basically spawns a couple of soldiers in the defender's capital, or in some cases, around the city you razed. It's damn annoying, to be honest, but adds some realism and makes you think twice before razing that city.

I see. I guess I just never got this random event before - but got it with each razed city last night. Oh well, they're entire empire fell anyway. :)

it's something that happened, too, in civ2 (i *think*)

Civ2, Partisans would form equal to half the city's population, but I think that was just from capture as well, not raze only. Units appearing in civ4 bst require you to raze said city, and for the civ your attacking to have emancpation I thought.

Civ2, Partisans would form equal to half the city's population, but I think that was just from capture as well, not raze only. Units appearing in civ4 bst require you to raze said city, and for the civ your attacking to have emancpation I thought.

Well, it's 900 BC, my Immortals are state-of-the-art, and everyone is embracing slavery so Emancipation is a long way off. :)

I got the message myself actually once. It asks you whether you want soldiers to half of the population in your capital or around the city that was razed. I was fighting monty and shaka sneak attacked me.Not a good scene.

It can actually help you to.
Monty came knocking on my door.
Didn't expect him, stupid me...

He took one of my coastal cities that was only defended by one axeman.
I got 3 free axeman to take the city back the next turn.

It can actually help you to.
Monty came knocking on my door.
Didn't expect him, stupid me...

He took one of my coastal cities that was only defended by one axeman.
I got 3 free axeman to take the city back the next turn.

Except the axemen dont spawn unless the city is razed? or am i missing something?:scan:

ah yeah i got that one too, i sent some jaguars to invade the mayans and after taking tikal i decided to raze it because it was in not a very good position... then i got that message an they got 2 fresh archers i think in their capital, unfortunately for them they were only 4 defenders trying to hold against my 8 jaguars (all with city raider)... so they resistance was futile

Well I'm not sure, but in my case the city was razed.
So I didn't actually retake my city, but only the spot that it was in.

Its not that hard to counter. You should have eyed up all the enemy territory anyway, know what you want to keep and raize.

Just make sure you have enough units to destroy their standing army, as well as 'citizens in arms'.

I take it that these units that are spawned from a raized city have very little Experience points? Similar to a drafted unit?

Top Bottom