City Connections

ConanTLibrarian

Protector of Knowledge
It has been mentioned the in the various streams that city connections:c5trade: over water are made available through the trade depot building. What seems interesting is that it appears to need only one of the cities (the capital?:c5capital:) to have a trade depot, unlike in CiV where BOTH cities needed a harbor. (source being Pete's Brazilia Playthrough Part 2)

Can anyone confirm this (or is it that I just wasn't seeing things)?

Related question about magrails. Once you research the tech for them, do coastal cities automatically get their production benefit? (this is of course, assuming they give production bonuses like RR's do in CiV, can anyone confirm this)? Essentially, even in CiV, if you had ALL coastal cities with harbors (or, Trade Depot for BE), would you get the production bonus, or would you have to have SOME actual RR on the map?

In CiV, if your capital was coastal and had a harbor, any other city that had a harbor connection to the capital got the RR production bonus. If the capital was not coastal, you needed a RR connection from the capital to a city with a harbor for that harbor city, and any other city with a harbor connection to that city, to get the RR bonus.

Thanks for the info Browd. Now, the only questions is: do magrails give production bonuses like RR's?(and how much %age) If so, I can see the advantage in getting the fabrication tech earlier on a water-heavy map.

Magrails are confirmed to give production bonuses (MadDjinn in a few videos) though I don't think he gave production numbers yet. Still subject to change of course.

One thing that always bugged me in Civ 5 is the way you hook up all your cities by railroad, and then every city EXCEPT your capital - the origin point of all the railroads - gets a production bonus.

Top Bottom