City graphics : cycladic ( greek islands )

MaisseArsouye

gentil petit nuton
I wanted to do this since a few weeks. but I expected to have more experience in city design. I think this is the best city graphics I ever made... Or at least it's my favourite one :D

These are greek flavour cities. They have a cycladic look ( Cyclades are islands in the Aegean Sea ) with white and blue houses.
Cities are dominated by a small acropolis like in Skam0073's greek city graphics

Here's what it will look like in a "aegean environment"

Actually, the files contain graphics by Skam0073's acropolis, so that you get a full era-specific set.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/grece_ma.zip

Thanks for your comments, Communisto.

I just post a new version. I made all buildings white, includings those from other designers. I also added a windmill like those you can see in Mykonos.

Rufus T. Firefly said:
They are too shining, IMHO.

Why not make them a bit more darken?

I want these to look like the villages and cities I saw in Greece. This is why they are so white. If I darken it, it will lose its cycladic touch :(

Rufus T. Firefly said:
Ok, but You can use 256 colors instead 16.

:confused:

Actually, it's a 256 colors pcx. It wouldn't work if it was only 8.

Nobody here has to make or share file. We do so because we like to design and share. Maybe you find my work is ugly, but when I don't like somebody's work, I just don't post...

Pounder said:
They look good with the water colour terrain.

Thanks. I use a custom lighter watercolour terrain. I like to have a bright screenplay. :)

Pounder said:
They may also look good with Bane's hand drawn graphics.

Hey !!! I didn't know those graphics !?

hi!thanks for your nice graphics!i think that they are great!and becaus ei m greek i invite everyone who was not lucky enough this summer to visit these islands,to do it next.he will realise by him self that they are the most beautifull in the world...

Ευχαριστώ, Merci,

This comment from a greek is the best I could receive. Thanks.

MaisseArsouye said:
:confused:

Actually, it's a 256 colors pcx. It wouldn't work if it was only 8.

Nobody here has to make or share file. We do so because we like to design and share. Maybe you find my work is ugly, but when I don't like somebody's work, I just don't post...

Hey, not be so bad, my friend. Mine are only suggestions: I have remaked more of my works with using others' suggestions. I mean that this city are too 2d, instead 3d. This is due because you haven't insert some shadows. This evening I post a remade pack, then you can undestand what I mean.

Rufus T. Firefly said:
Hey, not be so bad, my friend. Mine are only suggestions: I have remaked more of my works with using others' suggestions. I mean that this city are too 2d, instead 3d. This is due because you haven't insert some shadows. This evening I post a remade pack, then you can undestand what I mean.

Ok, let's see it. Maybe I overreacted, sorry. But I worked a lot on it and I found it really good according to what I saw in Greece. So, when I read your "dirty" comment... you know... I started to wonder why I kept sharing...

MaisseArsouye said:
Ok, let's see it. Maybe I overreacted, sorry. But I worked a lot on it and I found it really good according to what I saw in Greece. So, when I read your "dirty" comment... you know... I started to wonder why I kept sharing...

Ok, this is the spirit! ;)

This is how I meand that they could be: I have added shadows to buildings, so they seem more 3d than the originals.

Prev:

Download (ACE) 73 kb

Top Bottom