City Screen Yield graphic

wapamingo

Prince
I'm getting weird graphics on the city screen. Note the cut yields.

Attachments

• city screen.jpg
    city screen.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 354
I can see those as well, as well as MANY other graphical glitches, but the laptop i'm playing it on atm is below minimum specs so i'll wait until get back to my desktop before posting a log.

even if it is below the minimum spec, those are city yield and they are cropped up all weird. That should not be!

Thank goodness I'm not the only one having the same problem. I'll upload my dxdiag when I get home today.

The game runs fine, yes I have most of the things in minimum settings. But it runs very good under these settings.

I am talking about city plot yields. It only needs to display 3 gold circles here, 3 green circles there, 2 orange circles over there. You're telling me that my graphics card that is miles under the minimum spec causes city plot yields to display incorrectly and yet everything else is displayed correctly? I'll be honest and say that I have a hard time taking that in. May be the case, but hard to believe... plot yields! Common.

I have the EXACT same issue. Thank goodness it's not just me.

I'm running on an ATI X1300, is that too low? It seems very strange, like OP mentioned, that the card would be related to this... :(

I am convinced this is not completely a card issue since everything else is fine.

The way they have chosen to reduce the number of files or maybe improve the performance of the game was to pack icons in a single file like a roll of film. The tile selects the location within that roll of film to display. In our case, the selection is offset so it displays mid way. So it calls up incorrect location within that roll of film; or our particular graphics card displays that roll of film differently.

See attached image on what I think is the issue.

Attachments

• display.JPG
    display.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 87
I have the EXACT same issue. Thank goodness it's not just me.

I'm running on an ATI X1300, is that too low? It seems very strange, like OP mentioned, that the card would be related to this... :(

Yes, this graphics card is also below the minimum requirements :(.

Yes, this graphics card is also below the minimum requirements :(.

Shucks...that's not fun to hear. Oh well...I guess I can always use the strategic view option.

Is anyone experiencing this issue who has a graphics card at or above minimum reqs?

Top Bottom