City-State settled its city close to my Capital

yoooo that actually looks really nice for germany, great situation to make use of their combat strength against city states! if you put some production into some early units you can come out of it with one more city and some promoted units

edit: though i suppose you'll wanna rush catapults to take care of those walls

yoooo that actually looks really nice for germany, great situation to make use of their combat strength against city states! if you put some production into some early units you can come out of it with one more city and some promoted units

edit: though i suppose you'll wanna rush catapults to take care of those walls
Valletta I would recommend keeping. If you can get some good Holy Sites, @Manol0, you could turtle your Cities for a good defensive game. Cahokia... Eh, you can do whatever you want with it, though I suggest you conquer it.

The game gifts you two close city states to roll over as Germany (with plenty of open space available for you to settle as well) and that's a bad thing?

The game gifts you two close city states to roll over as Germany (with plenty of open space available for you to settle as well) and that's a bad thing?
I usually agree with you on @Manol0's threads, but here, you're just causing unnecessary strife. Here, he's less whiny and more willing to listen, so please, give him the benefit of the doubt if you can.

Moderator Action: You are not a moderator. If you have an issue with a post, report it and we will sort it out. Even if you are correct, it derails the thread and we will not tolerate derailing threads. leif

Brother, you are playing as the (un)holy (un)roman (un)empire, you know what to do!

I'm guessing that this is one of those "two civs start in the exact same place" starts we see pics of fairly frequently, except in this case it was the two CS's so one of them had to walk away

I play civ since 2014... but I just realised today that city-states start as settlers :hammer2:
First of all, how... No offense meant. And second, yeah, they start out like the Civilizations, except they do the one city challenge.

Never happened before to meet a city state "unsettled". Only city state's settlers I had seen before were the stolen ones from the barbarians.
Makes sense. Sighting a City-State Settler is tight.

It was very kind of Cohokia for setting up a nice city for you! They're practically inviting Germany to conquer them.:lol:

I don't remember if I've ever seen CS settlers in Civ VI but I think I did see them in V, or it might have been VI. Not really sure but it's not something I've caught very often.

One game the map spawn a city state very closed to my starting location. My scout captured the roaming settler and destroyed the city state. I had a second city on Turn 5.

I once played a game - it might have been Civ 5 but Civ 6 would be the same - where the map just had a few small islands in a huge ocean. The city states all had their setllers on one island, and they couldn't find enough free space to settle, so they just shuffled around and got captured. It was quite amusing.

I once played a game - it might have been Civ 5 but Civ 6 would be the same - where the map just had a few small islands in a huge ocean. The city states all had their setllers on one island, and they couldn't find enough free space to settle, so they just shuffled around and got captured. It was quite amusing.
:lol::lol::lol::rotfl:

That doesn't happen too often in my experience. In this case, I'd send a trade route to Cahokia so my battering ram and swords can quickly add two cities to my empire.
A good plan - although it can be really useful to get the Cahokia Mounds if you are playing as a civ that requires amenities and can make good use of them, such as the Aztec or Scotland. But as Germany.....the above applies - in spades!

Top Bottom