City States conquering civilizations

Tavelon

Chieftain
Has anyone else seen this? In my last game (I don't have a screenshot, forgot to take one at the time), the city state of Monaco was invaded by America. Without any foreign help, Monaco repelled the invasion, counerattacked and took the American capital. Has anyone else seen this happen, having a city state take a major civ's city?

Why Monaco and the US fought was beyond me. Maybe they were fighting over Grace Kelly :p (If anyone knows anything about Monaco's history, you'll get this).

I remember when the game first came out I was playing a game where egypt was a powerhouse taking out most of its contnet I was allyed with a cs cant remember who and I had sent them some units nothign great but with there units and the ones I sent they not only reppeled egypt but took two of there citys they razed them but it was still cool to see.

The day Edinburgh takes London, is the time to introduce Bonnie Prince Charlie into the game...

It happens every so often. Personally, I think they should puppet cities, not raise them. But that's my only complaint.

My last game I was playing as America and went to war with Japan in the name of liberating Tyre (and taking Tokyo to give me a strong defensive line against Siam).

It wasn't much of a fight, Japan was the Glass Joe of the continent going up against the two heavyweights (myself and the Aztec) at the same time (Monty DoW two turns after myself just to be an opportunistic jerk).

So after I accomplish my goals and Monty wipes out his southern cities I figure I'll make peace. As I reach for the diplo window though I get a message:

"The Japanese Civilization has been conquered".

Me: "lolwut?"

I look over and suddenly Kyoto is purple with Lhasan troops standing around it.

My feisty little city state had just wiped out the Japanese empire. I was so proud.

The day Edinburgh takes London, is the time to introduce Bonnie Prince Charlie into the game...

Please, any true Englishman should know that would never happen! :p

I look over and suddenly Kyoto is purple with Lhasan troops standing around it.

My feisty little city state had just wiped out the Japanese empire. I was so proud.

It's tough watching them grow up though, but ultimately, you just have to let go. Sure, they'll be around whenever they need something, like tanks to hold back Bismarck or some gold, but it's never the same. :p

I believe non-allied city states produce units of the era of the highest ai or human player, so if either you or one of the ai's had a massive tech lead, it would be possible for city states to have riflemen when all you have are muskets and knights, for example.

I believe non-allied city states produce units of the era of the highest ai or human player, so if either you or one of the ai's had a massive tech lead, it would be possible for city states to have riflemen when all you have are muskets and knights, for example.

Which is what happened here. Infantry vs Riflemen.

I once had a game where Alex invaded Geneva in Ancient age with warriors and archers, just for fun. He decided it will be better to sue for peace after losing Sparta and Knossos, though. For a short moment, before the cities were razed, the Genevan empire was larger than Greece :p

I have seen it many time: From Seoul taking the Aztec capital and two more cities, to Singapore taking two of Alexander's cities, and Venice teaching the French a lesson, I've seen it in almost every other game. It amuses me, to tell the truth.

Kinda makes me wish there was a mechanic to where if a city state got big enough they could because a major Civ (three cities maybe?)

Then if you were allied with them you got a good sized diplo bonus.

Yeah I have seen this a few times. My most recent one was the first time I noticed the new Quebec City, who had managed to invade Germany and take two cities. They always puppet as far as I have noticed.

I even saw a civilization conquered(all his cities destroyed) by citie state saskia thought it would be wise to atack 2 citie state at that moment every citie state declared war on him it was on a pangea map small sow all citie state where close pretty funny

not sure if they are more inclined to puppet or raze but I've seen both. and think it should happen more often

Maybe I've just had bad luck. Still, I think they should be inclined to puppet unless it's clear the enemy will retake it.

So if a City State has a puppet city, is it still truly a City State? :)

I absolutely love the new and improved more aggressive CSs that have emerged since the patch, but I think when they conquer a Civ city their Civ ally should be the one with the option to either keep or raze the conquered city.

in case cs caught great general from any nation..did anybody see this? is he changes to workers or just disappear?
Is it possible to donate great general to cs to improve their defence?
Cs should be made like intelligence center ( they should posses some information about plans and future based decisions of the rival civs)..something like caverns in Pirates!..

Yeah, had a game where I had to declare war on Alex as he plonked a city down right on my border, touching, to grab a 12 Iron spot I was just about to settle myself. I build a couple of units, ally the city-state next to both of us and DoW. The city-state joins in nicely and it's going well but I just didn't consider the possibility of the city-state taking the city so I reduced it down to very low HP. Next thing you know, bam Almaty takes the city. But I get the 12 Iron anyway for they are my ally and I think yeah I can live with this, until a couple of turns later and it's razed to the ground. Cost me the game.

Thought they allways raze?
Sure if its a capital they cant, but thats rare i guess.

You should have taken theire main city to create the city state of Tokyo :)

Top Bottom