Civ 4 = What Laptop to buy

dreadknought

timelord
Ok heres the deal, been waiting on this game release to go wireless and get a laptop and need opinions. Is CIV 4 ok for laptops and if so, what kind of system is it running best on. Im concerned that many laptops may not have the T@L requirements with the card they have and that the 3d graphics will be to small, and dont wont to spend a fortune in the process. Much appreciate all and any comments on those of you playing on laptops.

k, im trying to decide if it will run on my computer would you do me a favor and type devmgmt.msc into Start > Run. That will bring up the device manager. From there click on display adapters. And it should drop down with what graphics card you have...

And with any luck for me it will be the Intel 9xx card and i will run out and buy the game haha, thanks in advance

Device Manager can be dangerous if someone is clueless -- too many buttons there. :p Start -> Run ... -> "dxdiag" is safer, and the info can be found in the "display" tab (including video memory).

I just installed on my laptop today,

HP 2.8ghz
radeon 9000 moblitity
640 RAM

And I am playing flawlessly with high settings, huge map and 7 AI opponents. Only delay I get is when the auto-save comes and that is no longer than 5-10 secs.

Top Bottom