Civ 5 keeps crashing..

Need a little more specifics in order to assist. Additionally, you might want to check the trouble shooting thread and see if your answer may be there.

Need a little more specifics in order to assist. Additionally, you might want to check the trouble shooting thread and see if your answer may be there.

Pretty much what happens is, any time I get a game going it crashes around like my 4th-8th city. Even on the smallest maps.

Details matter.

What happens when the game crashes? Do the game's graphics go dark, or start flickering uncontrollably, or get weird lines running everywhere? Does the game suddenly exit, dumping you back to your desktop? Do you go straight to a Windows blue screen, or does the game just freeze (mouse pointer won't move, can't click anything)? Can you Alt-Tab out of the game, and then back again (or do you get a frozen screen when you do that)? Can you Ctrl-Alt-Delete to pull up the Windows Task Manager? What does it say? What are your in-game video settings? Can you post your DxDiag file (see http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=379992#5)?

The more details you provide, the more likely the community can offer solutions.

Details matter.

What happens when the game crashes? Do the game's graphics go dark, or start flickering uncontrollably, or get weird lines running everywhere? Does the game suddenly exit, dumping you back to your desktop? Do you go straight to a Windows blue screen, or does the game just freeze (mouse pointer won't move, can't click anything)? Can you Alt-Tab out of the game, and then back again (or do you get a frozen screen when you do that)? Can you Ctrl-Alt-Delete to pull up the Windows Task Manager? What does it say? What are your in-game video settings? Can you post your DxDiag file (see http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=379992#5)?

The more details you provide, the more likely the community can offer solutions.

I apologize for being vague. So as I said it crashes and what happens is, it freezes for a moment, brings up a loading type symbol, and returns me to my desktop.

Top Bottom