Civ-Armies ( WWII )

These are very simple but look amazing! That's a vey good idea and it sure makes it easier to deal with the special palette the armies use. Very nice job Kristina :goodjob:

You could always use this here for a Fallschirmjäger Army, rather than an infantry unit.

yep I gots that one! that civ is just a testing senerio for everything. I just add and test then delete from list. But thats a nice little ol mister unit!

Right now I'm searching for that hmmm, pszk or something ? That German track thing? Jeffery's at his parents, or he would know. But I want to add a motorized div to the line. So I'm just flipping through civ pages :)

An impressive start!Fresh and brand new!
We immediately see a creative approach of truly Russian!!

Нашего полку прибыло!Молодец,Кристина!Так держать!:goodjob:

Wow those are real beauty , 101rst Airborne will be proud of you :) ,also Richard "Dick" D. Winters RIP ,with his Division , they did a great job
Also Band of Brothers really great series about showing a great Hero and 101rst Airborne Division

Im almost finished with my "Wehrmacht Combat Engineer Battalion"

Im really bad at making the pedia, anyone who does that want to volunteer? :p

Its a combat engineer made on an army pallet, so as an army bat, you can load foot infantry in the army to protect your forward engineers.

Because if you didnt destroy everything on your way in, then you didnt do it right!

An impressive start!Fresh and brand new!
We immediately see a creative approach of truly Russian!!

Нашего полку прибыло!Молодец,Кристина!Так держать!:goodjob:

:p Yes, but warm in bed and NO SNOW!!!!!!

and yes, our numbers are growing!

I picked a bad day to try these out, I forgot it was Elvis' birthday.

Edit: oops, just realized it was because I had the King flag checked.

Well, Im glad that you did try them out!

You really need a whole set to play using them, but as you all know, thats alots of work!

So, before I turn them out cookie cutter style, I want to make sure that Im happy with them. Its sort of a rough draft. But if they are done right, I think they can add some good flavor and utility to a World War Two scenerio.

...Im also learning alot about how the computer uses armies. The AI prefers to use Offensive units in Armys. If none are available, it will often under-man, or fortify the empty army inside a city. Make sure units are toggled as "Foot units" or not. Its helpful to have a foot unit available that is an offensive unit. The AI loves to put tanks in the armies. Sometimes the AI is all over the place with armies, sometimes it seems to be under using them. Im trying to find the key to a good level play.

Building generated armies for the AI is also helpful. I dont worry (for me) about overweighting the AI's advantage when playing the Axis Powers, which I usually do, unless im playing Jeffery who wont give them up!!!

Any WWII scenerio should favor the Allies to some degree. (Although Mother Russia always saves the day! :p)

Jeffery wrote some observations about special units, ill quote his post...

Specialty Armies, for example the "Mountain Division," will increase movement by +1 when the mountain terrain is selected in the unit menu to be "ignored." If for example you load one regular infantry unit into a "Mountain Division," that army will move two mountain hexes when that terrain is selected to be ignored. A regular army would move just one mountain hex.

If you have also selceted the unit to ignore that terrain, no additional bonus is give to the army, it will still only move two hexes.

If you have selected the unit to ignore the mountain terrain, and load that unit into a regular army, it will move two hexes. No additional bonus is again given if you load that unit into an army that is also selected to ignore that mountain terrain.

The advantage of an army specified to use a specific terran type is the extra movement point added to the units crossing that specified terrain, in a addition to the bonus of a move and attack within the same turn.

Ive loaded a "build fortress" annimation with the Mountain Divisions as well, as a unique abilty for that army type.

Top Bottom