Civ crashes on "Begin Your Journey"

DonPato

Chieftain
So ever since the latest patch (my game updated like two days ago) my game crashes every time I click "begin your journey" at the very beginning of a new game (So basically, I can't start games :mad:) Anybody having similar issues or know how to potentially fix? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and I've tried countless time verifying the game cache to no avail...

got the same problem since yesterday, I can't play. My game is crashing on start-up and somtimes when I try to go to the mods menu. Like you i've try reinstalling and verifying game integrity and nothing works so far.

I Found something that you may want to try, go to your C:\Users\xxx\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache

and delete the cache folder

Worked for me, thanks.
Still got the problem with one mod, but rest works fine!

So ever since the latest patch (my game updated like two days ago) my game crashes every time I click "begin your journey" at the very beginning of a new game (So basically, I can't start games :mad:) Anybody having similar issues or know how to potentially fix? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and I've tried countless time verifying the game cache to no avail...
I have a brand new Alienware x17 r2 laptop and just loaded steam and Civ 5. Everything works perfectly until I hit the begin your journey button. When clicked the screen stays up instead of closing and revealing the map, settler and warrior. At that point, if I move the mouse, it ghosts leaving a trail of cursor icons all over the screen. Does anyone have a solution for this yet?

Update: Just lowered the screen resolution until everything worked, I left everything else on high detail and it works well now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom