Civ Development

It could give a free
halfling-slave or
halfling-scout/ponyexpress/hotpot/farmer
depending on nature of the owner, at the nearest city.

or by events:

event1: (one shot)
EVIL"sir we spotted some child-things within our territory near %city%"
a-never mind them, we have other concerns.
b-loot their village!
-the child-things hid from us, we looted [num] gold.
-we captured some of them!
NEUTRAL/GOOD
"sir, we found a village of 'halflings' within our territory near %city%, they ask permission to stay."
a- demand tribute. (tile produces more gold.)
b- accept their offer of friendship. (tile produces extra food+ possible extra benefits)
Halfling event2: (possible after good1b and repeatable)
"a small group of halfling %Unittype% from 'the Moot' offer their allegiance"
a- send them away, they are unneccesary. (halflings stay in the town for a while eating and drinkning, increase city trade for xturns)
b- Accept their fealty. (gain the unit)

trouble with halflings, gnomes and other ally races is that they tend to be equal or less effective than ordinary troops.
So building them in the normal way would not work that well.

Plus does anyone know how to cancel the civ-racial free-promotion for such units?

Yeah, the halfling event would be much better. The free racial promotion is stupid when you capture workers too. But in FFH2 it works as intended IIRC.

That would be cool. So, would the events only work when you own the moot? Or could ya just go to the moot and capture/hire some?

Damn. Anyway, where is the moot? South? North? Where?

Ok, cool. That might be hard or easy to control, depending on what civ you are.

well i think the halfling event should have different options for differnt kinds of civs. like the vampires would probably try to enslave them, the empire would hire them, theorcs would raid them etc. but the moot will generally be under empire control in the scenarios.

Yeah, I kinda guessed that. It might be hard though for the DEs to control that area though. Oh, well.

Yeah, I know. That makes it much easier.

Top Bottom