Civ-Hogs Clan

Ermak-

Prince
Based on experienced daily gamers from US Midwest our glorious clan has arisen! We derive the name from hogging up the bandwith and family pcs playing civ, if anyone is curious. We host very regular "experts FFA" games on steam under Minneapolis timezone. Settings we stick with is usually Fractal -RM tribes- Diety with 6 of 8 players per game. Banlists and noob autoboot are enforced.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civhogs

Based on experienced daily gamers from US Midwest our glorious clan has arisen! We derive the name from hogging up the bandwith and family pcs playing civ, if anyone is curious. We host very regular "experts FFA" games on steam under Minneapolis timezone. Settings we stick with is usually Fractal -RM tribes- Diety with 6 of 8 players per game. Banlists and noob autoboot are enforced.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civhogs

Aha, thanks for clarifying why u use "hogs" in the game names you post, makes so much sense, kind of funny.

When you get enough hogs in your group, please let the Awesome clan know, I would like to witness a clan competition.

All power to the Great HOG!

Relevance: this is a preview of how "Hogfest" games go, for those of you who read the postings here. If somebody is going to post an ad to join their group, I am going to share my experience with that group.

Ermak - the deity games you host have a lot of potential BUT - when you suddenly quit and declare yourself the winner without even chance for discussion, that is really frustrating.

Last night I had an isloated start and I was way ahead in tech, and the turn after Ermak declared himself winner my chu-ko-nu army landed an the opposite side of the landmass of his army and instantly took its first city (no defenders), then took another city, he didn't even have knights yet to counter the chu-ko-nus.

A few puppet cities to put the score ahead does not constitute a "runaway civ" - people can see the discussion in upper left hand side of the screenshot. Taking a few undefended puppets suddenly puts my score first.

Here is the screenshot of demographics, showing the #1 in tech and #1 in army was about to convert that advantage to #1 in other things:
2012-05-23_00002.jpg

How do you decide the winner in his games?

Is it a score at a certain turn? (turn limited, don't seem so.... sine then there 's no discussion, game ends)

If not is it last man standing after the rest has conceded? ..then he hasn't won until everyone else has conceded...

Or is it unitl someone dominate the game some much that the other 's don't have a chanse....?
Looks like this is the one. And that one got a problem. How and who decide the others dont have a chanse....

How do you decide the winner in his games?

Is it a score at a certain turn? (turn limited, don't seem so.... sine then there 's no discussion, game ends)

If not is it last man standing after the rest has conceded? ..then he hasn't won until everyone else has conceded...

Or is it unitl someone dominate the game some much that the other 's don't have a chanse....?
Looks like this is the one. And that one got a problem. How and who decide the others dont have a chanse....

If he is winning, he plays it out. If he is not going to win, he finds an excuse to quit. The voices of the other players don't matter.

Top Bottom