Civ III:Gold / CivCity: Rome Adobe problems

Digz

Chieftain
Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've been on here, but I am having an issue installing a recent purchase. I bought a Civ III: Gold/CivCity: Rome combo disc today and have been eager to start playing good 'ole III again.

The initial pop-up screen shows up just fine, but when I go to pick either of the games, I will get the (not responding) notice at the top of the screen. I have thought about waiting to see if it's a temporary error, but it seems to be genuinley (not responding).

So, when I go to close the program, I get an "Adobe Flash Player 9.0 r45 is not responding." I am guessing this has to do with the Adobe Flash Player I have installed. If you are wondering, I have Adobe Reader 9. I use Vista.

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hey again,

I got the game to install after going through the setup directly, instead of using the main menu.

However, I did occur another error. When I go to start a game, it automatically shuts down saying an error occured. From glancing at other threads, I can tell this may be a common thing, unfortunately.

Any ideas? I installed Conquests after I installed Gold, but that was it. Do I need to install any updates or patches?

Nm. I ended up getting the patch for Conquests, and everything works fine! I guess I didn't need this thread in the first place haha

Top Bottom