Civ III PowerBar Trainer for v1.29f

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Alexander86
This may sound stupid, but what should I download exactly for the patch to work properly with civ3 1.29 ?

In this thread there are many corrections and updates, what should I download exactly ?

The Powerbar program for civ3 1.29f (including all updates) will always be posted as the attachment on my original post in this thread, with the attachment name as powerbarXXX, where XXX is the current version. Here is a link to where the program can be found:
PowerBar program for Civ3 1.29f

Follow the link and put it in your favorites for an easy check on program updates.

If you would like to be a beta tester for me, please email me with Powerbar Beta Tester in the subject and let me know your computer system details... I'll assemble a beta team for testing these new releases before subjecting everyone to errors.;)

PS I have the v200 interface ready for beta!

My email is SpiderZord

Thanks to all!

SpiderZord, you may want to open a new thread, post a link to it from this one then have the mods close this. That way you'll own the first post to keep the most current copy available and easy to find. It'll cut down on the number of people asking where to download. This thread is up over 240 posts so will auto close when it hits 300 anyway.

Originally posted by Shaitan
SpiderZord, you may want to open a new thread, post a link to it from this one then have the mods close this. That way you'll own the first post to keep the most current copy available and easy to find. It'll cut down on the number of people asking where to download. This thread is up over 240 posts so will auto close when it hits 300 anyway.

Thanks Shaitan - I'll do that with the next post going to v2.0.0;)

I downloaded powerbar 1.6.5 and I still get an error:

Error getting Map Size

When I started a new game the powerbar worked fine but when I loaded the game I can't get the powerbar to work. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by mantis69666
I downloaded powerbar 1.6.5 and I still get an error:

Error getting Map Size

When I started a new game the powerbar worked fine but when I loaded the game I can't get the powerbar to work. Any suggestions?

Was this an old save game predating the 1.29f patch?
Does anyone remember one of the patches changing the map sizes? I faintly remember the larger maps getting changed to something smaller (i.e. Huge map going from 200x200 to 160x160). That would hang up my mapsize check:o

Mantis - would you email that game? Thanks

Changes v1.21f:
Decreased Large Map Size to 130x130.
Decreased Huge Map Size to 160x160.
hope that helps

:lol: ;) :)

Originally posted by Tatsu_kao
Changes v1.21f:
Decreased Large Map Size to 130x130.
Decreased Huge Map Size to 160x160.
hope that helps

:lol: ;) :)

That does help - thanks Tatsu_kao and thanks for beta testing! :)

Powerbar will have problems with old save games predating the 1.21f patch. Does anyone still have large and huge map sizes save games lying around that I could test?

Originally posted by Raven1er
I do! a huge save game map(scenario)

Thanks Raven1er, but I have the map size problem under control now. The next release will be compatible with all map sizes... look for the next update this week - thanks to my beta testers for some good feedback!:goodjob:

when this week will we be able to get the new powerbar? im playing a HUGE map that i started well before 1.21 or 1.29 so i have been having the map size error, now i cannot even get the program to LOAD from the load button, perhaps i've taken over too many cities in my quest for world domination.

is there a city limit of somekind? after i try to hit LOAD, it shows map error, then flashes 254 in red in the number of cities box.

thanks/

Originally posted by tau muon
when this week will we be able to get the new powerbar? im playing a HUGE map that i started well before 1.21 or 1.29 so i have been having the map size error, now i cannot even get the program to LOAD from the load button, perhaps i've taken over too many cities in my quest for world domination.

is there a city limit of somekind? after i try to hit LOAD, it shows map error, then flashes 254 in red in the number of cities box.

thanks/

I just sent my beta testers v2.0.1 - barring any major problems with the new functionality, I would think Thursday or Friday. :)

As far as the city limit goes - powerbar is limited to 10,000 cities, but I don't think that is the problem. If you don't mind, please send me a copy of that game and I'll test it against the latest release. Thanks!

Originally posted by Raven1er
v165 still has map error fix. i tried it yesterday. could be calc?

Right - version 1.6.5 is NOT compatible with old pre 1.21f patch games and some scenarios with larger maps.

Version 2.0.? - to be released Thursday or Friday addresses that problem (and hopefully puts the issue to rest :crazyeye: )
The map size is now calculated if it is not one of the current standard sizes. I have successfully tested it with a huge scenario map (200x200).

I just uploaded the new PowerBar on a new thread you can find here:
PowerBar (v2.0.0+) for Civ III v1.29f

This includes the new interface and two of the new tile class functions - Clear Jungle and Clear Pollution (which apply to the selected city's working radius). As soon as I finish figuring out what all the byte changes are for road/rail road improvements, I'll post a new update...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom