Civ IV: Beyond the Sword Info Center

Yeah walmart,bestbuy and target are all getting it on the 25th. I hope to get mines on friday, when im certain its there.:goodjob: I can hardly wait

I did amazon just today, chose 2 day shipping so at the earliest I should get it friday. Hopefully...

I should have got it today but thats out of my control. I want it now because this week is the last free time I have for at least a month.:rolleyes:

one place nobody seems to think about is Target. they had it on the shelves on the afternoon of the 24th

Yeah walmart,bestbuy and target are all getting it on the 25th. I hope to get mines on friday, when im certain its there.:goodjob: I can hardly wait

I pre-ordered mine from Best Buy and they still do not have them in stock as of this morning. They are now showing a back-order till Aug 10. I don't know what is the deal with them, but I am a little pissed. I tried switching to store pick-up because they showed store availability online, but the rep checked and the stores have 0 stock as of this morning. Just another release blown by Best Buy... they should rename it Worst Buy!

Yeah, I was gonna do that today, and go figure, Amazon finally switches my order to "shipping soon," which means no more ability to cancel, but also that it's not yet in the mail...dammit!

I'm never gona preorder. It sounds like it's a pain in the neck for most and only a lucky few get it early.

It worked great for me through EB Games. I got it yesterday (the 24th). Amazon is the one I wouldn't pre-order new releases from.

I actually was very pleased with the service I received from Amazon. I preordered it too, and they sent it to me on Friday 20th, only 2 days after release in Australia. However, maybe Amazon US is not as great as Amazon UK??

I got mine at GameStop yesterday--they came in at about 11 yesterday morning. I had originally ordered from Amazon, but their notice that they won't even have stock until Saturday made me cancel and go elsewhere. No reason to wait an extra week.

Just started a game late last night. Lovin' the Espionage so far, but haven't gotten far enough to test out much else. However, I'm a total nerd, 'cause the thing I'm most excited about is they fixed the animal images so I actually get to see them (instead of just their shadows) on my barely-meets-the-requirements computer.

I just got my BTS at Best Buy. It was not out in the shelves, so I asked someone to go in the back to get it. Sure enough it was there. Lazy store personnel should not avail the enemies of Civilization!!!:D

I got mine at GameStop yesterday--they came in at about 11 yesterday morning. I had originally ordered from Amazon, but their notice that they won't even have stock until Saturday made me cancel and go elsewhere. No reason to wait an extra week.

Just started a game late last night. Lovin' the Espionage so far, but haven't gotten far enough to test out much else. However, I'm a total nerd, 'cause the thing I'm most excited about is they fixed the animal images so I actually get to see them (instead of just their shadows) on my barely-meets-the-requirements computer.

so does the game run better than civ 4 vanila on barely meeting requirements computers. If so thats great news for me.:goodjob:

I got my copy yesterday so have not had enough time to delve into it too deeply. I did notice that there is a note in the manual that to get the best effects you need at least a GE Force Series 8 video card and a SoundBlaster X-Fi sound card. I have neither and the graphics look better than Warlords and the sound is the same. Maybe I am missing some sounds but if so they are not obvious.

My video card is Nvidia X1300, which is a couple of generations old and doesn't equal the power of the GE Force Series 8 cards. I have noticed that the graphics appear to be crisper than before and the game seems to go faster between turns.

My computer is a 2.8 GHz Pentium with 1 MB of RAM.

One nice thing they have done is dress the characters, such as worker, settler, etc. in clothing specific to that civ.

so does the game run better than civ 4 vanila on barely meeting requirements computers. If so thats great news for me.:goodjob:

For me, it does. In addition to the animals, I've noticed the Wonder videos play more smoothly. I haven't gotten deep into a game yet, but we'll see if it slows down less during the latter part of games or if *gasp* I can play on maps bigger than standard without hosing the whole thing later on.

I got my copy yesterday so have not had enough time to delve into it too deeply. I did notice that there is a note in the manual that to get the best effects you need at least a GE Force Series 8 video card and a SoundBlaster X-Fi sound card. I have neither and the graphics look better than Warlords and the sound is the same. Maybe I am missing some sounds but if so they are not obvious.

My video card is Nvidia X1300, which is a couple of generations old and doesn't equal the power of the GE Force Series 8 cards. I have noticed that the graphics appear to be crisper than before and the game seems to go faster between turns.

My computer is a 2.8 GHz Pentium with 1 MB of RAM.

One nice thing they have done is dress the characters, such as worker, settler, etc. in clothing specific to that civ.

Dont you mean ATI X1300 because Nividia has no such thing and dont you mean 1G of ram instead of 1 mb

Top Bottom