"Civ IV on Apple/Mac First"!? (April Fool's Joke)

Micaelis Rex said:
But if it was an April Fools joke, why would they have taken it down after only a couple hours? Plus, it's dated March 31, not April 1...

a) since you do not repeat an April Fool's joke, after it has met it's target ;)
b) since March 31 somewhere can very well be April 1st somewhere else
c) because - as far as I could identify from Civrules' postings - the date was stated in the article, not a date being determined by his browser

Anyway, from an economical point of view, I don't see the point in issuing the game first for the minor part of the community. OTOH, most bugs will at least be known then - what, as we know from Firaxis' spectacular history in bug hunting does by no means mean that they would be solved then for the PC version.... :lol:

Dear fellow Civfanatics,

This thread is nothing more than a cleverly designed April Fools Joke. For the record, Take-Two Interactive has not agreed to any deal with Apple Computers, and I'm sure Firaxis is committed to providing all Civ fans with Civilization IV, whether they use an Apple computer or a PC. Thank you for humoring me in this thread - it has been a lot of fun.

Until next year,
Micaelis Rex

Look you guys, don't you see the advantages to us Mac folks getting it first? WE get to do all the initial debugging! YES!!! :clap:

If C4 does well, then I'll be able to get rid of my Wintel (which I bought just for Civ anyway).

Actually, I don't see it coming to the Mac first, unless Firaxis is programming it directly. Normally a different company is hired to port it, and then they don't STAY hired to complete all the updates. :(
The latest version of Civ3 on the Mac was 1.21g ... not even PTW got ported.

ahem that site says nothing to that affect.

But was this really on the Take2 website, or was EVERYTHING, here and on M Rex's website made up?

Everything was made up.

Take 2 nor any other company would probably not make an april Fool's joke.
So yes, the screenshot was just a clever little cover up. Because I thought that without it, it would be even more suspicious as MRex's link didn't even work.

Well he did his homework, because Natalie Kerris IS an Apple PR director, and the statement does sound like Apple PR. But another thing is that it is like Apple to have companies working on products that would cause a major impact on the Mac world, to delay announcements until an Apple convention, like WWDC coming up the begining of June, so until MRex says that he made it ALL up, don't be too sure.

You mean like this, LostCause?

Micaelis Rex said:
Dear fellow Civfanatics,

This thread is nothing more than a cleverly designed April Fools Joke. For the record, Take-Two Interactive has not agreed to any deal with Apple Computers, and I'm sure Firaxis is committed to providing all Civ fans with Civilization IV, whether they use an Apple computer or a PC. Thank you for humoring me in this thread - it has been a lot of fun.

Until next year,
Micaelis Rex

Other comment: Heh heh heh, that scared me. Never do that again.

Top Bottom