Civ Modders Monthly

Hello lads. Just wanted to post that the Ladgazine has now been shifted to a blog format with a quarterly magazine release instead. More info can be found on the blog, here. If you still wish to use this thread for anything, please feel free.

Hello lads. Might be a big of an ask to hope for people to see this, but in preparation for the 3rd anniversary of Civ VI's release on the 21st of this month, we have a set of questions that I hope you'll consider answering. You can post your answers here or in PM (or on the Ladgazine server). Churs.

1. When did you get into Civ VI, and was it as a player or modder, or both? If you never got into Civ VI, why is that?

2. What are some of the highlights for your over the last three years for Civ VI, perhaps in terms of the modding developments that came with it, the experiences you had playing it, or some of the changes that came with the game itself?

3. How do you feel about where we are with Civ VI, either in terms of the game and its development itself, or in terms of the Civ VI modding community?

4. Lastly, what do you hope for the future of Civ VI? If you haven't gotten into Civ VI by this point, what kinds of things might encourage you to give it (another) try?

The Civ Modders Monthly: Issue 11
-----------------------
In this eleventh issue, we take an extended and self-reflective look at some of the recent civ mods to have been released. Deliverator also embarks on his first part in a series aiming to look at the way in which the natural world is depicted in the civ series. And we speak with the modders that made the 12 Days of Africa about their experiences.

CMM_Issue11_Sep2019.pdf

The Civ Modders Monthly: Issue 12
-----------------------
In this belated twelfth issue, JFD considers the design philosophy at play when it comes to designing a fallen monarch. Rawsasquatch speaks about the creative process behind designing for fictional civs. And Lime concludes his What Makes a Good Design series by reflecting upon it as a whole.

CMM_Issue12_Oct2019.pdf

Greeting lads. We're presently looking to get started on Volume 2 of the Civ Modding Magazine, which completed its first volume last month. The structure for Vol. 2 will be a bit more relaxed, so if you're interested in contributing, feel free to follow the link to its discord. Although the central focus of the magazine is on modding, you're more than welcome to contribute to just talk about civ (and your experiences thereby) in general (and not just Civ V). Hope to see some new faces. Churs.

The Civ Modders Monthly: Issue 13
-----------------------
In this special issue, ExplosiveWatermelon talks about one of JFD's strangest civs: The Germans. Lime takes a look at one of CIVITAS' most popular creations. And Leugi reflects on the joys to be had in becoming a modder.

CMM_Issue13_Aug2020.pdf

The Civ Modders Monthly: Issue 14
-----------------------
In this final issue, JFD talks about the challenges of designing the Ayutthaya. Chrisy proposes reworks for the Prora and Kremlin wonders. And SilverFoxG reviews Leugi's Monopolies++ Mod.

CMM_Issue14_Nov2021.pdf

Thanks for the effort :thumbsup:.
I had not known about this, and it's sad to hear that it's the last issue. I still decided to promote this work on our main page and our Twitter account. I hope some people more will read the available issues and find them interesting :).

So this was the final issue, period, or the final of this volume? I note that this magazine is for Civ 5 and 6 only? That's a shame. For the past few years Civ2 has been completely transformed with the addition of lua coding and I would have loved to write an article about it for you.

omg, you guys were publishing 60+ page magazines about modding civ. Mind blown

Top Bottom