Civ Rev is dull

Airborne101st

Chieftain
It's the same pattern every game with the AI. In standard mode, at any level (but, Deity); The beginning you explore settle, etc then all the AI hate you making stupid demands since they are stupid people; no I will not give you masonry; then you kick their stupid legions off of your yard (inside your borders.):crazyeye: While getting stronger since they never get any of your cities (The only time I love archers) then you so far ahead in the tech and production you can kill every one of them. :D You kill one then the rest hide and make peace.:D So you can just pick them off. At this point you can basicially win at any victory condition. :king: Mutli is more exciting but, since getting my DSi my Wi-Fi failed :cry:.

I think u are right there, 80% of the games i hav played hav swung towards war and appeasing the enemy is as sensible as putting G W Bush back in whitehouse. :L but basically the enemy are too aggresive and are to ludicrous in their demands for "5" turns of tranquility. Sid heres a little tip... we like warmongering but it gets way too repetitive if after 5 turns the enemy demand 90% of your treasury or a invaluable tech (Invention) then the game does begin to wane... :(

I agree that the single player game has limited appeal. It's cool, but too easy to win. That being said, the problem of the AI sending waves of suicidal legions at you is dealt with nicely by getting sufficiently ahead in tech. The AI are programmed to be bullies. They'll get aggressive if they perceive you as weak, but are easily cowed if you are strong.

Online play is where it's at. Humans are far more interesting opponents.

You are true Thrasher SP is a pain from time 2 time but MP is better. However MP does get a bit clunky sometimes. Civ Rev is a noob due 2 the fact its on a console, if it was ran on a PC it would b better - but it wouldnt b Revolution. :(

Just because you can win by Domination, doesn't mean you have to. Try for the victory you're not leading in. Play the "weaker" Civs, or at least something other than your favorite. The AI may be fixed in it's patterns, that doesn't mean you have to be. Make it more challenging for yourself.

Also, you are supposed to win SP most of the time. This is by design. But with MP it's more of a level playing field.

Well actually I didn't win a conquest victory every time, some times i was slowing down my troops to see another victory. That said, the game is designed so that troops are more fast in order to achieve victory. It's not me, it's the game.

By the way, I'm not begging for challenge, as i play on King and gave up on Emperor. Having all AIs against you constantly harrasing you with silly units, is very unpleasant.

Heh sounds really easy. I thought Revolution were as hard and complex as the pc games, but i guess it makes sense to easy things up a bit, when it´s made for a console. From your post it looks like that you could just play on Deity if you are looking for a challenge. Although the other difficulties shouldn´t be that identical.

Wow, then just play on the harder levels, or just don't play it.

Never understood why people complain about CivRev so much, it is just a console game. Only so much it can do with out the benefits of the PC.

Just my 2 cents ;-)

I personally have played Rev, I stink at it, even on Chieftain, but just my two cents, I hate that the AI will demand something all the time, its annoying.

I like the game very much. Yes it gets repetitive very fast but what can you do? Make your own game I guess.

I hate how the AI asks for something but for only 4-8 or so of turns of peace. WTF? I want peace, not just to be left alone for 4 or so turns. But I have lernt to the limitations of this game, and have a good fun game of Civ that I can complete in a day.

I have won a few of my games, I lost a few of my games. I always played as Romans, but now will try a different Civ. I will also try differernt ways of winning. I won most on Conquest, so next time, I might say if I win on conquest it's a loss and not a win then.

Yes the game has it's limitaitions. But guess what? Either you accept them and play with them, or you stop playing the game and move on. Not much more can be done, except for making a game your self and play it then. Sadly I don't have the skills to do this, so I have to accept what is given to me.

Again, if you are in a strong position with many cities and armies and a lot of technologies, the AI will stop threatening you. The AI are bullies.

Next time you play, try to have 10 cities and 14 technologies (industrial age) by 0 AD. You'll notice how friendly the AI becomes. Of course, the game is no longer a challenge at that point, which is why playing online is all that's left for some of us. Single player was more fun when I was no good at the game.

i suggest a CivRev2 with more units etc. world builder, a bigger map & city states. this game has gone to the dogs if im able to kill your tank with archers you suck. i've won all my games by the industrial era:king:

I think Civ V would have been the perfect Civ Rev 2. Not alot of units, but more than Civ Rev. Pretty well streamlined, it would have been great on the console.

ok i've officially beaten the game all this time i've played on warlord i try diety *an hour later* america wins by domination with 3 warriors i wasn't even trying:king::nuke::scan:

The game I played last night was ridiculous. One civ comes to me and demands atomic theory for a few turns of peace. The game gives me an option to give alphabet instead. That's right, they hadn't researched alphabet by 1950 AD. I politely refused and killed their whole army (consisting of mostly legions and some even worse units) in a single turn with a single artillery (using the unit upgrade which gives an extra move after attack).

This was on king difficulty by the way. I guess it's time to turn up the difficulty.

Top Bottom