Civ Specific...Wonders

I know. I even was in London (2 times ;) ) and I saw it. But Big Ben is more popular than this whole building. Big Ben is a part of Houses of Parliament which is a part of London which is a part of England which is a part of Europe which is a part of Earth (etc.). But I don't think that including Earth/Europe/England/London/Houses of Parliament as a wonder is a good idea :D

London is a city. It is not joined to the HoP in any way but the ground, which I assume we discount:rolleyes:

The rest is just plain silly.

Name one effect Big Ben had on English History. Name 100 effects the HoP had:lol:

What's going to be the power of Big Ben in the game? hmmm?

Actually, Big Ben is the name of the biggest bell in the tower. Big Ben is not the actual tower.

I prefer not starting the discussion of powers, yet. ( but you can do, if you want )...

Just one thing: I prefer call it neither Houses of Parlament or Big Ben. I recommend Palace of Westminster... ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palace_of_Westminster ).

The only problem is that the graphic that I have is just for the Big Ben :( but this will not compromise anything...

does it really matter? this is Poland all over again...

Maybe not a wonder..maybe, but IMO projects or events or things that aren't buildings might be cool also. - Like Hammurabi's code of laws.

The Gulag for Russia placing a free jail in all Siberian cities.
The Machu Picchu for Inca giving +1 gold from all hills/mountains
Auswitz..I mean The Brandenburg for Germany..ehemm....
McDonalds corporation for America granting all American cities +1 unhealth but +2 happiness
France: ?
The Abu Simbel for Egypt making 1 free war chariot every 7 turns until Construction or something
Some computer corporation for Japan with +1 free scientist in 5 largest cities and +1 happiness in all cities
The Mahavihara for India making all religious buildings with state religion produce +20% science
The Malinese get University of Sankore as their UW.
Something religious for Arabia, the Spiral Minaret perhaps..
Spain: Alhambra. +20% cultural defence in all cities.
Vikings: Sagas. +100% GP in all cities until Divine right (?).
Babylonia: Hammurabi's Code of Laws. -25% maintenence in all cities. +10% science in all cities.
Aztecs: Sun Temple. No unhappiness from slave whipping in this city and largest city (if largest city builds it, the second largest city also gets the bonus)..

Just my two cents.

The spire on Salisbury Cathedral is much more popular than the Cathedral itself. Let's just include the spire.

We could also reintroduce Oxford for England/GB.
I personally would like to use the buildings in the back of the leaders' animation as the UW, if we can find some new general WWs.

Maybe not a wonder..maybe, but IMO projects or events or things that aren't buildings might be cool also. - Like Hammurabi's code of laws.

The Gulag for Russia placing a free jail in all Siberian cities.
The Machu Picchu for Inca giving +1 gold from all hills/mountains
Auswitz..I mean The Brandenburg for Germany..ehemm....
McDonalds corporation for America granting all American cities +1 unhealth but +2 happiness
France: ?
The Abu Simbel for Egypt making 1 free war chariot every 7 turns until Construction or something
Some computer corporation for Japan with +1 free scientist in 5 largest cities and +1 happiness in all cities
The Mahavihara for India making all religious buildings with state religion produce +20% science
The Malinese get University of Sankore as their UW.
Something religious for Arabia, the Spiral Minaret perhaps..
Spain: Alhambra. +20% cultural defence in all cities.
Vikings: Sagas. +100% GP in all cities until Divine right (?).
Babylonia: Hammurabi's Code of Laws. -25% maintenence in all cities. +10% science in all cities.
Aztecs: Sun Temple. No unhappiness from slave whipping in this city and largest city (if largest city builds it, the second largest city also gets the bonus)..

Just my two cents.

Those effects aren't balanced at all.

I think we should have just the arms of Big Ben as a stand-alone wonder...

Top Bottom