Civ Terrain Preferences

The Illians could have a lost city resource. They could give a large commerce bonus, repressenting the artifacts found in the ruins, and sold. The Illians alone could find these in an endless expanse of ice. Adding in a few events tied to these ancient lands of civilization would be fun.

I like the idea of more resources like this, or at least benefits in terrain...

Malakim could get +1 food from Oasis
Doviello could get +1 food from Fur and Deer
Illians could have access to an ice resource such as Seals, like Lanun have pearls

Is there still a cap on how many resources are allowed in a civ4 game? did it get raised with BTS and if so to what? I know at the beginning the crew made tough choices on what to keep and what to get rid of because of a cap.

I think there is still a cap, but that cap is now much higher.

I don't think it was directly because of BtS, but I think the team found it easier to start with a new game font (I'm not sure what a gamefont is, but it is what limits the number of resources) when they began converting the game to BtS rather than to convert between normal versions (they typically reuse most of the old files, but they started fresh when they went to BtS)

gamefont is a tga file that stores most of the icons used in the side of the city screen :) There is quite some whitespace in it now, but it is pretty cram packed and things are grouped, so if you HAVE to group them there is only room for 19 more. 20 if they get rid of Kermit the Frog, but I kinda look forward to him being the symbol for Force magic ;)

Top Bottom