Civ V and Civ IV, keep both or dump one

Tk1

Warlord
Civ V demo is promising.

I'll keep playing Civ V when I want a less sophisticated version of the game.

When I'm on long vacation and in the mood for something requires consirable thinking, then I will keep playing Civ IV.

I'll keep both games.

What about you folks?

Civ 5 all the way, tried a game of civ 4 to see how it felt and it didnt feel the same. Felt more like a board game than developing a civilization like in Civ5. Too much clicking in Civ4 too. I got bored quickly.

Of course, I'm going to keep both. They're different enough to play them separately.

Civ4 is matured (2 expansion packs) and has strong mod support - mods that are almost games on their own (FfH2, Planetfall, Dune Wars are the main attractions for me - all total conversion mods). It also has a very strategic feel.

Civ5 is fresh and new and has an excellent combat system - and a very tactical feeling. All of it (even the way the terrain looks and the pace of the game) feels more "local", "closer", so to speak.

They have big overlap, but have a distinctly different flavour - and depending on my mood, I'll play 4 or 5.

Cheers, LT.

Civ 5 but only after the modders get it to an acceptable state. Which might take a while considering how much has been cut.

Imagine it this way.

Civilization 4 is a mature adult with deep aspects to his thoughts and personal nature, while knowing what he wants to become and achieve with his life. Overall, Civ 4 has become a 40 year old man, who is both accomplished over many years of work, and mentally stable due to immense support from his extended family.

While...

Civilization 5 is a somewhat promising child of 10, who is sometimes overactive, unattentive of his homework, and has quite a bit of a persistency problem. He has not thought much of what he may or will become once the years take their due, but he persists in shallow horseplay, performing great physical spectacles only the young are capable of, all the while unaware of greater problems looming on the horizon of time. He may grow up to be an unthinking doll of an idol pop star, or focused and simple sports phenomenon, but on the other side, maybe he'll become a greater man than his predecessor, taking the mantle of greatest civ sim of all time, and starting a new age of Civ fandom.

Do I marry Civilization 4 or abandon Civ 5 for adoption? You know what. I propose to keep both.

I'll play Civ IV when I hate my brain and want to experience mental atrophy.

I'll play Civ V when I want to have fun and think about how I'm going to play it.

I'll keep both ... need to support my mod ;)

I'll keep both . I might go back to Civ IV BTS after a couple of days waiting for Civ V to be patched , Civ V kinda feels like a Beta version atm.

I played civ5 for a few hours, got bored and reloaded some old saves on civ4. Honestly there's a lot of issues with 5 now. Why can't you keep both anyway? Out of harddrive space?

Honestly, if you can't see the sophisticated side of Civilization V, particularly the diplomacy and military science, then I frankly don't think the game was made for you, and you should just stick with Civilization IV, which, ironically, was never sophisticated for me until I started playing with Rise of Mankind or Total Realism.

Both.
I will play 4 until 5 is fixed.

Honestly, if you can't see the sophisticated side of Civilization V, particularly the diplomacy and military science, then I frankly don't think the game was made for you, and you should just stick with Civilization IV, which, ironically, was never sophisticated for me until I started playing with Rise of Mankind or Total Realism.

I don't get why Civ 4 fans don't feel like Civ 5 isn't as deep as its predecessor. Of course there are a lot less numbers, and more statistics are calculated out for you, but that was for the sake of streamlining the game so you could focus on strategies instead of numbers.

Don't you love how cities actually have a base defense now instead of just surrendering to a unit with 1/10 health left?

How can you not see the new tactics offered by 1 unit/tile feature, but instead wish for the old stacks of doom?

State-cities act as tiny countries, which I felt were lacking in Civ 4, so how is that bad?

Don't try to kid yourself. The AI in Civ 4 was just as bad as Civ 5. Then it took some patches and expansions to make it right, so no, don't be an idiot and say the AI sucks. At least with Civ 5, the oponent actually recognizes when I'm massing armies by his doorstep, and openly declares war.

Also, they made a new engine for Civ 5. Give them a break.

Top Bottom