Civ V - Beta 3

Agree 100% with Neuro's statement above.

Sun Tzu Wu

Actually, now that I think about it, the SP policy change won't stop the sell-city exploit, it'll encourage it!

Scenario: Playing France, you go ICS early on and crank out a bajillion cities. You are forced to grab a few policies early, but then your cities outgrow your SP and you never buy another policy because they are so expensive. Then, right when you build Cristo, you sell everything but capital and puppets, and coast to a win!

This isn't going to set any records, but I thought I'd throw my attempt into the ring for kicks...

Went with Siam, as their ability seems to be the best suited for lots of city state alliances, even more so than Alexander, since I usually don't have trouble affording alliances. ICSed as much as I could leading to a cool 1750 diplo victory. :cool:

Attachments

• Gauntlet 3.Civ5Save
    278.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Gauntlet 3 Victory.Civ5Save
    765.5 KB · Views: 72
My 2nd attempt would have been a better game except that I didn't have a GE ready at the end. I finished at 1700AD this time, but had Globalization completed at 1550AD. Having that GE in place is another big part to a good finish.

(My 1st attempt is in post #125 currently it is not shown in the post #2 listing.)

Yep congrats Kamino. Thanks to all for your assistance in my first Gauntlet game.

'Twas fun!

:goodjob:

Beta 3 Gauntlet is now closed. :)

Civ V Beta 1: Space, America, Standard, Epic
1st Kamino 1040
2nd Sumorex 1220
3rd tommynt 1300

Good work kamino and thanks for everyone who took part in the discussions :goodjob:

Damn I actually finished the game this night but was too tired to submit....
...guess I'll just submit it anyway.

But never mind, would not have made it to the top 3 anyways.

Attachments

• Gauntlet_Beta3_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    348 KB · Views: 52
  • Gautnlet_Beta3_Ramkhamhaeng_0145 AD-1550.Civ5Save
    695.5 KB · Views: 54
Beta 3 Gauntlet is now closed. :)

Civ V Beta 1: Space, America, Standard, Epic
1st Kamino 1040
2nd Sumorex 1220
3rd tommynt 1300

Good work kamino and thanks for everyone who took part in the discussions :goodjob:

Cut/Paste error no big deal.

Just curious if there is a compiled list of all finishes which could be useful for benchmarking our own play? If not, don't do extra work on my account, I was just curious. :)

Top Bottom