civ v demo release time announced: 10 AM eastcoast, 7 AM westcoast, 4 PM middle europ

I'm in the UK, and the download just finished for me. It's installing now.

Demos have always been marketing ploys to entice players into buying the full version. Give them a taste, but leave the good stuff out!

I just want to play the demo purely to see the graphical improvement because I think it's gonna be hard to judge much else in 150 turns. I wonder how many barbarians will spawn on the standard map size in that time?

Playing 150 is basically nothing at all. If I play WoW demo or BF2142 (to name just 2) I can play infinitely and have a full view of the game; I´m not playing some demo when I´m gettin´ the full game anyway.

Put "steam://install/65900" in run.exe.
From 3 posts up ;)
Put this in your browser:

steam://install/65900

Although I can't get it to work in the UK yet :confused: Even from within the Steam client, the "Downoad Demo" button just does nothing :mad:

Believe me: I've tried EVERYTHING and it's just the Steam client does nothing. I've even installed Steam on my laptop and tried it there: same problem.

I have already downloaded the demo no problem (from Spain). Played a couple of turns and looks fantastic on a 27" monitor.

So I played my first game with the demo but to form a real oppinion i have to play some more....

Has anyone any info about differences between the the demo and the actual game? I mean beside the obvious turn limitation?

Playing 150 is basically nothing at all. If I play WoW demo or BF2142 (to name just 2) I can play infinitely and have a full view of the game; I´m not playing some demo when I´m gettin´ the full game anyway.

Actually for me it was 100 turns :(

2pm GMT. Britain is currently in BST which is GMT+1, so 3pm for Britain, 4pm for mainland Europe.

I HATE steam for this.

I'm moving house Friday, which means I'll lose broadband for a while. I was counting on a 00:00 unlock, so I could decrypt and switch steam into offline mode before the removal van turned up. Now I'm screwed!

Of course, if it was playable on integrated graphics I could have played it on my laptop instead, which I can carry to an internet connection. :mad:

Top Bottom