Is the DLL source code for the latest (October 2014, version 1.0.3.276) patch available?

4eeee

Chieftain
So far, whenever I needed to check how something worked internally, I've been using this Github repo that I've stumbled upon. Unfortunately, the source code is from version 1.0.3.144, which seems to be the second to last one, the Fall 2013 patch. Since the last patch changed some things about warmonger mechanics, it's a bit inconvenient when something related comes up. For example, there seems to be a potential bug related to warmonger penalty for taking a city, and it would be nice to be able to see the updated code in case it's responsible.

Was the source code for the latest version never released, or have my searching skills failed me?

P.S. I'm tooootally not also hoping someone with the knowledge of DLL might shed some light on that potential bug. ;)

Last edited:
Download the Civ 5 SDK from the Steam Library (search for civ 5 and it's under Tools), the last released source code is in there

Download the Civ 5 SDK from the Steam Library (search for civ 5 and it's under Tools), the last released source code is in there
Ah, I see, thanks! Though it is a bit of a shame that, unlike the repository, it can't be casually linked in discussions, but oh well (I suppose it could be put into a repository too, but there must be some reason why nobody has done it...)

Because anyone modding the DLL, took it, made their changes and checked those in. When Firaxis updated the source code, those changes were merged in to the modded DLL and checked in.

Hi, @whoward69! I know I shouldn't ask about this in here, but when recheck your lastest activity, I see that you checked in here so that.. please forgive me. (also, sr because of my english too). I've searched from long time ago, how can I rewrite the game source code and I found that you have worked a lot on it. I really love the idea of Civ BE and I really want to continue and make for that game a story, give the player their choice which also mean I will need to change game mechanism (sr, is that the right word?). Because of that, I just want to ask have you touched to that code? I want to know whether it is possible to do that. I hope you can answer me soon. Wait for your words. Dear.

yes, I know. But in your github, I found this: https://github.com/whoward69/DLL-VMC. And the tutorial that talk about dll too. I understand that I cannot get the source code, and it isn't my purpose too. What I trying to ask is that is it possible to from here, for example, make battle mechanism like "rebel inc" or not - where you cannot control your army? What exactly can we do in out ability? What is the core? I mean, if you can add a dll, then I think you have done it via lua script, maybe you have register an event when game start so that the dll will be loaded and make effect to the game, but you can do that if the core code, the code that load resource, somehow, allow you to do that, right? And that is the things that I want to read to understand. So, do you know anything about it?

Read both your post three times and really don't understand what you're asking as you contradict yourself.

" I mean, if you can add a dll" - you cannot add a DLL, you can only change the code in the game's DLL that we have the source code for and make it load that version instead of the vanilla Maxis supplied one. The source code is only available for Civ 5, and not Civ BE

"then I think you have done it via lua script,", Lua cannot load a DLL

"maybe you have register an event when game start so that the dll will be loaded and make effect to the game" - events are sent from the game DLL to Lua, you cannot load a DLL from Lua

I'm sorry. I'm reading your repository and finding sdk for civ be cause I don't have money to buy game in steam soo... well, just ignore that. So, when I say "I mean, i fyou can add a dll", "then I think you have done it via lua script" and "maybe you have register an event when game start so that the dll will be loaded and make effect to the game", all of those things, I make false, uhmm argument/sentence?, here and trying to guess how it design to work like that. Now I know that I can edit the dll of the game and I can do it via sdk of the game - I read about it in afternoon. I'm trying to ask you about what can I do if it is possible to edit the code in the game's DLL but I guess I will have to see it by myself - cause it is hard to say if I can edit in game object or not, right? I will continue to ask if I met some obstacles. I hope I can found someone shared their sdk so that I can see those obstacles :v.

The Civ 5 SDK is a free download from Steam
No, it isn't. I need a license to download the sdk from steam, which game need to be purchased, which I'm not cause I using a crack version instead. If it is ok, can I ask you for the sdk? I hope you can forgive me cause I using a crack version of game but in my oppinion, there's nothing wrong when you inspired by a game and want to continue develop the idea you have. Even a farmer can dream about the princess, right?

1st spoiler, 5th item.
Nothing more to say.

Top Bottom