Civ V - One World Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be surprised if they tease everyone at PAX, but announce nothing.

"We see lots of potential for new game play features elements media architecture blah, blah, blah [no details], and are constantly testing new yadda, yadda, yadda [still no details], but all I can say right now is that we're still very committed to the Civ franchise. Stay tuned for an exciting future."

Nope, I doubt it, IF, there indeed there is a 2nd expansion, the last thinkg they wanna do is tease us.

That's like, super bad marketing, I'd just get annoyed if nothing is announced, the leak has already been revealed so we know something is coming. If they say nothing, they actually risk losing a lot of money because sales would be lower because nobody gave a foot about it.

Hearing that there is a computer on the moon with a file named 'Civilization 5 One World'.

UPDATE: CONFIRMED.

ONE WORLD ANNOUNCED. OR.... IS IT?

GUESS YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE MOON TO FIND OUT!

I doubt it would be major Xcom stuff, although perhaps an expansion for that is in the works and finished enough to announce, but it seems early.

It seems more likely the "never before seen footage and projects" is either something to do with Civilization and an expansion pack, or a new game all together. Or both :eek:

More like, this forum is obsessed with civ so much that if their baseless predictions of meaningless patterns don't come to fruition then they label it mysterious

I was more going for the 'ask us questions that we will decide not to release the answers to' thing.

I doubt it would be major Xcom stuff, although perhaps an expansion for that is in the works and finished enough to announce, but it seems early.

It seems more likely the "never before seen footage and projects" is either something to do with Civilization and an expansion pack, or a new game all together. Or both :eek:
Perhaps One World means the world uniting under the X-com project to fight off aliens that got disturbed when someone sent a spaceship to Alpha Centauri? :lol:

Perhaps One World means the world uniting under the X-com project to fight off aliens that got disturbed when someone sent a spaceship to Alpha Centauri?

Yeah, the human player and each AI take turns as that annoying Council member that always hides his face in X-COM. If the aliens pillage too many tiles, you have to stop donating gpt to the project.

Civ 5 One World

Alpha C. II - Multiple Worlds
====

I think we will hear the announcement before Pax and Pax will be used to present us more stuff sort like it was done with GK

Well if they're going to announce it before then they'd be announcing it right about now.

Edit: Actually, it appears that the clocks in America have changed, and that time has probably already passed.

Did they change in that direction?

Yep, it says it's past 9 am on the 2K blog, and Gods & Kings was announced at 8 am from what I can find. I guess we're waiting for PAX now.

Well the game did just receive a patch yesterday when I fired it up. So that hopefully means they consider it worthy of continued support.

Well the game did just receive a patch yesterday when I fired it up. So that hopefully means they consider it worthy of continued support.

Considering the amount changed is so little since the last patch, it suggests they might be preparing for the next expansion by fixing the contentious points that are bugging out the expansion in development.

I still want more victory options. Religous :c5faith:, Production :c5production:, Happyness :c5happy:, and Economic :c5gold: victory types would make me happy to play Civilization 5 for the next 3 months.

Heck, I'm sure they could even integrate a 'Great Person :c5capital: Victory' or even a 'Population Growth :c5citizen: Victory'.

We need more oracle bones

Let me dust them off and take a look at them.
I'll get back to you.

As requested, another Oracle reading...

I found the hedgehog which had been taken on a flight by a pigeon. It had been dropped in a nearby shrub.
As part of the original omen, I figured it would make sense to bring him home and cast him in my bowl with the Oracle Bones.

With the help of my little friend, the prophecy foretells an imminent announcement, centered around a major upcoming event. Depending on the interpretation of the beads (depending on the hemisphere it's cast in), this "event" could mean either "gaming expo" or "end of days cataclysm" (unfortunately I forget which is which).

**--graphics courtesy of my girlfriend--**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom