Civ V won't start on 144Hz monitor

Stromobrad

Chieftain
Hello, recently I've bought 1440p 144Hz monitor. Today I wanted to play Civilisation V but the game always turns off right after the cinematic start ends and it doesn' t matter what DirectX i choose to start it in. The result is always the same. I have no idia why it does that. I verified the integrity of game files, i uninstalled it, reinstalled it and it still won't start. I use GTX 1070 with the lastest drivers (398.11) and i7 6700k with 16GB of RAM. I've played the game before on my old monitor so there can't be a problem with my system. Please help. Thank you in advance.

Mr friend, I wish I knew... I'm having the same issue! Game launches and runs the opening movie(or you can skip for same result) shows the initial loading screen for 1-2 seconds and just closes :/ I've verified files, restarted computer, reinstalled a couple times, tried compatibility mode with on win 7 and 8, ran as admin, tried looking for a way start in windowed mode but my game doesn't launch enough to generate the settings config file for me edit(assuming that is possible... which I'm pretty sure it is), tried single monitor and an older monitor, disabled overlays and/or closed programs that add them(Discord, twitch, nVidia...)...

Know of anything I have not yet tried? Would be great if I could play again.

Top Bottom