Civ V World Builder and new resources (bison, cocoa)

dcruze75

Chieftain
I was messing around with World Builder to see what kind of maps I could expect for the new G-minor, when I noticed these red/white checkered squares on the generated maps.

At first I thought something was really wrong with my install, but when I accepted the map and went to see what they were, they were hexes with the new resources that were added to the game in the last patch: Bison, Cocoa.

I uninstalled, and reinstalled the SDK, but it's still there. I have the (Built 27.10.2014 11:37:56) version.

Is there a way to fix this so the proper graphic shows up, or will I just have to live with it?

-d

Attachments

• Uten navn.jpg
    Uten navn.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 1,282
Seems to me that people are right and this whole Bison and Cocoa are actually more rushed than even I thought.

If I recall, that even in the original scenario (Deluxe edition of Conquer of the New World) both Coca and Bison were missing their icons, which I recall was in the tooltips mostly.

It's a missing atlas I believe.

Seems to me that people are right and this whole Bison and Cocoa are actually more rushed than even I thought.

If I recall, that even in the original scenario (Deluxe edition of Conquer of the New World) both Coca and Bison were missing their icons, which I recall was in the tooltips mostly.

It's a missing atlas I believe.

I looked in the files in the SDK directory and there were missing files for bison and cocoa. Copying for example cotton.dds to bison.dds didn't work, so either they're supposed to have different names or it's more complex than that (not supported).

I found a fix! Proof:
Spoiler :

Sorry to necro an old thread, tumbled upon this when googling for the same issue. Tried searching for newer thread with a fix, didn't find. The fix is some serious non-intuitive bull**** (like all ciV-modding imho).

You have to copy/paste the .dds file for the desired resource into the directory "Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Resource\DX9". This is all you need to do for it to open up on map editor the next time you open the editor.

To find the desired file, open up civ5 main folder and try the "search" option for the resource. The filename is "SV_Resource.dds". Works for custom resources as well!

For example, cocoa and bison are found at "Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Shared\StrategicView\SV_Resources".

Moderator Action: Moved to Creation & Customization

I found a fix! Proof:
Spoiler :

Sorry to necro an old thread, tumbled upon this when googling for the same issue. Tried searching for newer thread with a fix, didn't find. The fix is some serious non-intuitive bull**** (like all ciV-modding imho).

You have to copy/paste the .dds file for the desired resource into the directory "Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Resource\DX9". This is all you need to do for it to open up on map editor the next time you open the editor.

To find the desired file, open up civ5 main folder and try the "search" option for the resource. The filename is "SV_Resource.dds". Works for custom resources as well!

For example, cocoa and bison are found at "Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Shared\StrategicView\SV_Resources".
Can confirm this works in 2022. All you need to do is copy and paste SV_Bison.dds and SV_Cocoa.dds into Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Resource\DX9. They're both found in Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Shared\StrategicView\SV_Resources. Thanks so much!

Top Bottom