Civ yanemp world map balancing issues

forlornfire

Chieftain
Hello!

I recently played as Byzantium (my fave civ for historical reasons) on djvandyke's Greatest Earth Map (using gedemon's yanemp and on epic speed) but got bored really quickly because I couldn't find a way to balance the resources/civs to make sure no one had the upper hand.

So I have a few questions!

- How many luxuries/other resources should each civ have around their starting location? I personally was giving everyone horses/iron/coal and two luxuries but I don't know if that was a good idea.

- How to make Constantinople's starting location good without it being overpowered? There's basically no fish or sea resources in the map so I added a bit for Byzantium, the English, the Portuguese etc considering their lack of tiles to grow food. I ended up getting really strong though which made the game boring.

I'll try it again, this time with way more civs (using the 43 civ version of vox populi) which means Europeans civs will have to conquer each other in order to grow. Is domination the one good path for Byzantine in this case? I like to conquer but I don't necessarily want civs from across the world to hate me for no reason

Top Bottom