Civ2 Difficulty Levels

WoundedKnight

Warlord
What are the stats associated with the different difficulty levels (Chieftain/Warlord/Regent/Monarch (King)/Emperor/Deity, as far as the number of content citizens and other advantages/disadvantages (AI build time etc.)? I can't seem to find this information, and the forum search function is disabled.

Thanx!

WoundedKnight

Difficulty Level Differences:

- Next Citizen Unhappy (Deity=1, Emperor=2, etc)

- Barbarian Attack Bonus (Emperor=25%, Deity=50%)

- AI Production Box "Squeeze" (Emperor=20%, Deity=40%)

- Years/Game Turn Compression (shorter game)

- AI Uses Caravans for Wonders (?rumor?)

- AI Bribes Units and Cities More Frequently

- AI less suceptible to unhappiness/disorder (?rumor?)

Any more?

Originally posted by ElephantU
- AI Uses Caravans for Wonders (?rumor?)

I thought they co-builded the wonders by just building the same wonder in many cities?

Athospd, there are a bunch of players who'd claim that it is actually 100% and are playing Deity+ games instead to get a challenge.:)

i am not claiming, but i am noob yet and for me is really hard! my game always finish by the turns....

Originally posted by funxus

I thought they co-builded the wonders by just building the same wonder in many cities?

No, they are pre-starting a follow-on Wonder that they have not yet gotten the tech for.

Originally posted by ElephantU
Difficulty Level Differences:

Any more?

At Chieftan, the human cannot disband cities (even by mistake)

The higher levels have fewer turns.

At the lower level (Warlord & Chief) some initial AI contacts may have favorable result with an embassy.

Some more rumor possibilities -- I think that the human gets a production break and a tech break at Warlord & below -- I've noticed getting things and research done "too soon".

Hi everyone, I know this is a very old thread but I was wondering if anyone had noticed that (at least at chieftain) AI food and build is 1.5 times more expensive than for humans?

I'm working on a personal project (more to follow) that involves decoding a game save file, and noticed this is definitely happening for me. I don't know if this is a bug in my version, because I'm running on Linux (via Wine) or intentional.

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, I've searched but nothing came up. :/

TYIA

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I know this is a very old thread but I was wondering if anyone had noticed that (at least at chieftain) AI food and build is 1.5 times more expensive than for humans?

I'm working on a personal project (more to follow) that involves decoding a game save file, and noticed this is definitely happening for me. I don't know if this is a bug in my version, because I'm running on Linux (via Wine) or intentional.

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, I've searched but nothing came up. :/

TYIA
Of course, we noticed, this is how it was intended, up to approximately the average level the AI receives additional complications, at the average level the human and the AI are approximately equal, at levels above the average the AI receives advantages. This applies to scientific achievements, the speed of production of the city and others

Top Bottom