Civ2 ToT - Animations not working

Fax

Chieftain
Hello! I've been trying to install ToT on my Windows 10 PC, following the instructions on Catfish's Cave - ToT Installation Guide (tpg.com.au)

The game installs and i can patch it up so it runs with movies, sounds, gameplay etc. The only exception seems to be landscape and unit animations. Despite having these ticked 'on' in the graphics menu, units just continue to slide around. To be clear, I'm talking about the vanilla animations not working (not the fix to add combat animations from ToTPP)

I know the original graphics and animations aren't everyone's cup of tea and secondary to gameplay, but I rather liked them for a vanilla playthrough. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Done some searching through other threads and can't seem to find the answer.

Appreciate any help!

Hi Fax,

in the game options deactivate the fast piece slide.

Fast piece slide.jpg

Edit: ... and as I was in a hurry when writing my post:

Fax, welcome at CFC! :band:[party]

Last edited:
Thank you for the welcome and trying to help!

Unfortunately i already had 'fast piece slide' toggled off before. Toggling it on and off just results in different speed of sliding (but still sliding, rather than animating).

I'm trying with all the TOTPP launcher options switched off except edit control for 64 bit compatibility to try keep as vanilla as possible before playing with the new fixes/features. Not sure if that makes a difference...

Thank you for the welcome and trying to help!

Unfortunately i already had 'fast piece slide' toggled off before. Toggling it on and off just results in different speed of sliding (but still sliding, rather than animating).

I'm trying with all the TOTPP launcher options switched off except edit control for 64 bit compatibility to try keep as vanilla as possible before playing with the new fixes/features. Not sure if that makes a difference...

Fax, in the graphics options, have you enabled the animated units - and if yes, do you play a mod or scenario (as here the animations can be disabled by settings in the rules file) ?

No. Playing vanilla with ToTPP, and yes I have animations switched on in the menu.
Oh well, they're only animations. I'll just play without!

Top Bottom