CIV2DIP 2.0 Beta test with Colonies 3.2 (altered.scn file)

Aravorn

Deity
This one is for me and Diatribe. John Ellis may jump in later, we are just going to play a few turns and see if Yaroslav's utility works.

I modified the colonies .scn file to give the French, Spanish and English 10000 gold and also added these techs:

French-Log Reckoning, Sewerage, steam engine
Spanish- Metalurgy, Combustion
English- Drainage, Economics

I sent the Spanish 200 gold, the tech sewerage and also offered an alliance.

So Bill you should have around 10200 gold after this, sewerage and an alliance with me.

.dat file is zipped with the save file

Here we go!:D

received Frances gift of 200 gold, sewerage and an alliance...
Offering Combustion and terrain only map
Demanding Naval Design and "terrain and cities" map

When selecting the leader to make a barter with... the radio button for France was already selected but the next button was not active... I had to select another leader then reselect France for the next button to become active.

Seems the dat file created for my "make barter" defaults to "my documents" folder, I also couldn't move/copy the dat file until I closed civdip

I am offering 1000 Gold and Longitudnal Reckoning

Iam asking for Metalurgy and Terrain plus cities map.

The last turn alliance worked, it showed up and I got combustion.

Originally posted by Diatribe
did you see a bunch of extra terrain without cities?

Yes I did I forgot that, I saw all of the carribean and Mexico without cities.

And I had the button issue as well. I wont call it a problem because it is not that big of a deal. What I did when the Spanish dot seemed to be lit up was click it once and then it lit up fully and the nxt box was then accessable.

And I forgot to get you a map, Ill do that this turn

Those map types are interesting I would be willing to offer cash for different kinds in a game like this especially early. A handy thing to have.:D

We have a small problem with map trades. I gave Spain my terrain and cities map. As far as I could tell everything worked out but this independant city showed up. Shawnee city. And the French did not have visability on it. I made the screen shot from the Spanish sav file as the Spanish.

received 1000 gold, Naval Design... i was researching this one and all my research points were saved when I selected the new tech(drainage) to study. Unfortunately I was only offered Longitudinal Reckoning... I received both(hopefully Steve actually offered both but naval design just didn't show up in what was being offered). Received France's "terrain and cities only" map which revealed the little glitch showing Shawnee City displayed above. It showed me his knowledge of all cities except two, Sault St Marie and Port-au-Prince. The thing these two cities have in common is a population of one. His units nor his knowlege of player units, i.e Iroquois, Huron, British and presumably Dutch was not revealed, but it did reveal his knowledge of independent(barbarian) units. France received my "terrain only" map which kept my units and cities hidden but revealed all my knowledge of independent(barbarian) units and cities.

My turn:
I'm offering 10000 gold, no tech, "terrain, city, unit" map, all of Cuba's cities... Havana, Puerto Principe, Santiago Cuba, France knows their location.
I'm demanding 5000 gold, steam engine, "terrain, city, unit" map, Port-au-Prince... I know it exists through embassy but location unkown(though I should, stated above).

Conflicts:
Seems that any other program that might be java capable will have a hard time running when civdip is loaded.
Windows Explorer(file manager).... would not work properly... unable to move/copy files.
MS Explorer(browser)... for whatever reason when I went to "Post Reply" that particular Explorer thread would fry... I'm guessing the "Smilies" are a java application.
Not a big deal... just when your not using CivDip make sure and close it... when I closed it these problems went away.

Hi guys! Thank you for your testing!

I'm checking rigth now the Independt city/Independent units issue, and publish a patch today or tomorrow.

I hope I had corrected both problems:

* Now all French cities (even Port-au-Prince and Sault St Marie) are displayed when French is received.
* Now, you don't see more independent cities. (The problem was curious: The french know the city [It's on his Ctrl+C list], but they don't know where the city is)

Diatribe said:
received 1000 gold, Naval Design... i was researching this one and all my research points were saved when I selected the new tech(drainage) to study. Unfortunately I was only offered Longitudinal Reckoning... I received both(hopefully Steve actually offered both but naval design just didn't show up in what was being offered).

Well, not ;) If you see your barter Spanish_civdip1660.zip, you offer combustion and a map and demmand from conmcb25 Naval desing. When he acepted your barter (fren civdip 1661.zip), you receive Naval Desing. You see only Longitudinal Reckoning because it's the only tech conmcb25 is offering to you. You recieve early, when he accepted your offer :D

And about your problems of perfomance, other people has told me about it. I can't do something to solve it; please, blame Sun for his JRE :D

Thank you, guys. :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

You can download the new update in the Civ2Dip PBEM thread. Please use this new update to do the test (you can restart the tests from french_civdip_1660.zip, if you want)

Yaroslav Quote:

"You can download the new update in the Civ2Dip PBEM thread. Please use this new update to do the test (you can restart the tests from french_civdip_1660.zip, if you want) "

Bill I cant pull an all nighter tonight doing this one. Ill play your last turn beecause I am curious about the cities, then we start over. After John gets Java downloaded he may want to join in this week. We will keep England "warm" for him.:D

In the meantime load the new.jar ok Bill?

BTW Yaroslav good job and thanks for looking into this so quickly. We will load the new .jar and keep plugging away.:goodjob: :goodjob:

Here is what came up:
Phillip (Spain)offers:
10000 gold
Santiago
Havana
Puerto Principe

Spian demands:
5000 gold
Steam Engine
Port Au Prince.

All these transactions went thru.

The funny thing is I can now see Shawnee City but Yarosalv says he has that corrected.

I did check and see and Spain got Steam Engine and had 6146 Gold so the Gold transaction went thru.

Bill here is the save file if you want to look.

Im not going to have much time today. It is called "the warden er wife is comming home soon."

But I will download the new .jar and restart later tonight probally around 1000EST.

In the meantime you can check out the last spain save file.

Or if you want Bill and if you have time today you can start as the French and Ill pick up as the Spanish with the new .jar later tonight. The choice is yours!

One more thing I noticeed I could not take a screen shot of the barter with hyper snap DX so I guess Hyper snap is not compatible with java. Does that sound right Yaroslav?

Conmcb25 stated:
"The funny thing is I can now see Shawnee City but Yarosalv says he has that corrected."

Because you accepted my "terrain, city, unit" map

yaroslav stated:
"you offer combustion and a map and demmand from conmcb25 Naval desing."

Whew... glad you picked that up... my mistake. And it did save my research points so no problem there.

Originally posted by Patient English
Play without me for now guys. It will take me a while to download all the bits.

John we will keep England warm for you. Diatribe and I are going to restart later tonight.

You can always come in later even after we are done just to do a few turns to get the feel.:D

Originally posted by conmcb25

One more thing I noticeed I could not take a screen shot of the barter with hyper snap DX so I guess Hyper snap is not compatible with java. Does that sound right Yaroslav?

I don't know why you can not take a snap :confused:

I can take snaps without any problem, using Paint :)

I will check this thread tomorrow in order to see if you have found more bugs :D

Thank you again ;)

Probably a way out there guess... but CivDip might want to keep the java platform all to itself or a good chunk of it when it's running... which is just fine with me as long as it gets the job done, which it's sizing up to look that way. Maybe Snap uses some java routines(?) that CivDip uses as well and won't share? It does seem to get cranky around other java capable programs. It's just asserting itself ;)

Bill here we go again

Offer:
9000 Gold
Longitudnal Reck.
Terrain Only Map
Port Au Prince
Alliance

Demand:
5000 Gold
Combustion
Terrain Only Map
Havanna

I went all out this time because the Gold/Tech transfer seems OK. After this turn lets not bother with it.

Next phase is you offer just Terrain+units for Terrain + units.

We will wait for later for the obscure maps and the trade of major cities.

Before you trade over cities note the units and improvements inside Havanna. And post them I want to do a comparison. I think the units inside disappear, and Im wondering about the improvements.

Port au Prince has an Arquibister and a stockade for units. It also has a chapel and market for improvements.

On the terrain map I deliberately ran a cour de bois west of Chicago to see if the bubble in my map shows up. I explored 4 hexes westward and about five hexes wide. A very distinguishable bubble.

I also named the file french_civdip_b1660, the "b" for the second test run.

Here goes again. :D

Everything looks good...

Received:
the net gain of 4000 gold,
longitudinal reckoning.
The map received from france, terrain only
is exactly that... no barbarian units or cities. Saw the bubble made by the french scout. Port-au-Prince and Havana were transfered... Port-au-Prince had all improvements intact and lost the units inside.
The alliance was made

This time we'll just do an exchange of "Terrain+Units only" maps
I'm also downgrading from an alliance to peace

I'm bundling a Havana jpeg for side by side comparison

Top Bottom