Civ3 - DIETY WINNING, and few questions

just finished my first game, not on deity though that will be next.

-grovel, grovel, grovel.

-the early game military success strat WILL NOT work. Keep the peace by giving in to ALL demands.

-Early expansion is supremely critical, without an offensive army you cannot expand until late industrial-modern.

-You have to find resources, especially luxuries, and build roads to link your empire to other empires. Trading your extra luxuries will free up entertainment, and allow more science which is your goa.

-culture is very very important. your cities will just revolt and go to another civ if your culture is too low. it will be nearly impossible to get any wonders, so build temples, universies. etc. in every city.

-rush to democracy, the boosts in commerce, allow stockpiling of money and incredible research.

The final thing I have to comment on is that corruption is horrible in this game. I switched to communism late in the game for a military conquest, and I began taking cities, but i couldnt get outside of say a 4 city range of my second capital w/o the corruption in my new cities strangling them. Next time i may just raze every city i take, even though it seems like such a waste to kill a size 26 city. Damn this game.

On another sidenote about culture, if you work on raising your culture (a lot) then if for some reason an A I captures your city then it will often revolt back to you. It's still better just to keep it but at least this way you don't have to worry about conquering it back.

Top Bottom