Civ3 PTW Patch v1.14f Released!

Originally posted by Grey Fox
Good for you, maybe the problems are fixed when you get it.

Yeah. And the game will be shipped with the patch, so you don't have to download it yourself. Done on dial-up, it can take an hour to get it all completed, at a rate of 3KB per second.

Works for me. :)

I see nothing about Air Superiority causing a Crash to Desktop .. am I the only one who has to save each and every turn that an air battle might happen?

Originally posted by hbdragon88

Yeah. And the game will be shipped with the patch, so you don't have to download it yourself. Done on dial-up, it can take anhour to get it all completed, at a rate of 3KB per second.

Yikes! :eek:
Not to gloat or anything, but I only took 5 minutes to download it.
:p

Okay, not to turn this into a thread about connection speeds. . . but (gloat, gloat), I just downloaded it in 55 seconds. Which, actually, is somewhat slow for me.

I used to prefer DSL (cuz I used to support it as a tech rep), but now that I've got cable, I can't ever see going back.

Of course, it all depends on your provider and its backbone network. :)

H

Originally posted by Angmar
I see nothing about Air Superiority causing a Crash to Desktop .. am I the only one who has to save each and every turn that an air battle might happen?

Nope, as a matter of fact the game crashed on Sunday and I was so aggravated that I didn't try it again until tonight. I loaded from the autosave, sent a bomber on a run, got shot down, game crashed again. I sure hope this patch fixes it.

Kudos to Firaxis for working so hard to get a second patch out in less than a month! Now I think I will attempt MP, giving new meaning to the title "Play the World."

It sounds like there is lots of more things that need to be patched, but i still think it was correct to release this patch now.
It will hopefully make the game playable, and then the next patch could make it even better. (waithing yet 2 weeks for a patch would not been fun for the players..)

I wish they could fix the way the screen moves when your being attacked. I know it gives you the little message saying where it happened but I want to see it for myself and sometimes so much happens the messages scroll by too fast.

press 'x' when you get a message. It'll take you there.

played my first MP game with the patch, not much lag at all. there was some waiting time between turns (playing turn based) with 1 other human, 3 computer civs. not bad. a tiny bit of lagdoesnt matter to me since im on dial up, and i was hosting also. overall im thankfull!!

Any PBEM changes? Autosending? Email addresses in the save file? File "Dates" in the Load Game window? Nada....?

The main concentration of this patch was on fixing the online MP component. I'm sure that Firaxis will address other shortcomings later.

Top Bottom