Civ3 to Civ3.5??

Moosezilla

Grognard Warlord
I am wondering what features from Civ4 could be modded into Civ3 or even those that already have. Are there features you would like to see from civ4 in a civ3 mod? Has this been done already?

I am wondering what features from Civ4 could be modded into Civ3 or even those that already have. Are there features you would like to see from civ4 in a civ3 mod? Has this been done already?

Hey moose Don't recall the last thread we chatted on in the 4 umms?.:)
I already mentioned some of the better ideas that can be done. Like for one, the "Corruption patch" (stronger relience on broader net of infrastucture costing higher maintence to eradicate the sea's of 'red')
Additionaly there was mention of the" Vassal patch"(as explained here in Medieval European Mod II ), and even the Pollution patch seen in many mods such as Far Horizon's, Balancer Reloaded Rise n Rule (takes on levels resembling that which is closer to civ4 without showing realism the door lol) were explained in greater detail.
No it wasn't all about the Balancer. ;)

To also directly answer your second question, yes there is and heres the link to it.
Test IV Time - The Alternative World

Yeah, I'm playing TivT right now. But the civics are taking some effort to understand. the civilapedia needs work. anyways I thought a thread asking about it might inform (and renew ideas) others might have.Thanks T.A.

Yeah, I'm playing TivT right now. But the civics are taking some effort to understand. the civilapedia needs work. anyways I thought a thread asking about it might inform (and renew ideas) others might have.Thanks T.A.

Pedia problems eh? Thanks I'll remember that. I respect the effort he put in other areas but thats a major sticking point for many not wanting to leave plain ..thus aborting civ3 for fireaxis version of sequal . I would never refrence a mod as pro quallty or whatever if I knew it lacked even 20% of the entrires.

Im sure its worse with civ4 these pedia problems. Thats why in the other thread I give only 4 examples for 3rd Xpak or 'sequal type' mods like Balancer Reloaded in the 1000+ mods submitted in civ3's lifespan.

Its so rare one goes to the same level of text support he does with added variables for removal of deafult ailments + added diversity, etc.
Rise n Rule, Balancer RL, Far Horizons are the best examples.

NOTE: Most complete/ Best '4 era' pedia volume based on percentage of new content is a mod set soley in medevil - pre industrial time period. I left out "Medieval Mod 2" but really its knowledge intensive format facters unpredented concentrations of information to a specific period.

Heres a idea I thought and would like to record

I think a Nations armed forces should cost more. Other may disagree but they are stupid dumb-dumbs don't ya see! :yup:

You all must agree. ;) Its a way to facter in Gov's increase to miltary payroll in wartimes. A nation's ranks saw vast increases in salary due to more promotion on teh front lines and planning depts.
No war means little witness of heroic deeds or good performance which could translate into higher cash expenese for that same 'unit' , now more elite, the Gov must now pay

See a barracks costs maintence to make veterns so the designer's already did go about representing some cost of having units that pose more of a risk to your enemy from greater expierience in battle.

One gold coin should symbolize the standard for 'reg' troops. Barracks should cost 2 coins for maintence or a vet should cost 2 coins. Heck for closer representation you would make both. Elite should cost 3 coins. How much was General Pattons's salery? A army should cost 4 coins not 1

More detail could be driven in obsolete units being minimized and latest weapons cost more. A Carrier cost 1 coin same as a cannon..No. THey could make a new option in easy to use editer to set any maintence price on a unit you like. thats the vital part to make my plan work.Seems simple but a Gov's unit support calculations would have to be reworked.

If this was done we would finnaly see more pressure for conserving resources in times of war. Realisticly keeping science research at the same levels would be difficult when paying more for increasing skilled soldiers and their weapons and handlers like tech crew and maintence guys, horse trainers, whatever you can think of thats associated with the war eceonomy, to better carry out orders more effectivly.

I think if your able to leasurly build library's or Universitys or Temple's instead of cash raising infrastructure and this possess no threat to miltary support, is a farce. That kind of stuff would end once the bill for newly promoted war heros came in ther mail....ontop of the billons you are already paying them and sheilds you plugged in to build and support them.

IN ww2 a soldier gets promoted and that month he gets a new higher salary. Success on the battlefeild meant overall more troops were doing greats deeds exposing themsaelf to more risks and and being given increases in pay to compensate . Think of the scandel if they wern't : )

T.A. Jones, I kind of figure the value of a coin inflates as time passes. A roaded tile in the ancient age produces the same commerce as that tile in modern age despite technology advances. Granted this can be multiplied by markets, banks etc, but I don't have a problem with the suspension of disbelief that a phalanx of spearmen and an aircraft carrier cost the same to maintain; the "currency" is not a constant in my opinion.

Top Bottom