Civ3edit is not working

chickenx4

Prince
when I try to make a scenario on ptw editor it shows a error and it says could not locate civ3 play the world or conquests it looks like i can't make scenarios anymore :cry:

Steam install? Windows Vista or higher and installation ran without admin privileges? The Editor probably requires some registry entries in order to find the game files, and these seem to be missing.
You should post this question in the "Tech Support" forum, not in the "General Discussions" Forum.

I got the one from DELETED it was working earlier when I got and a few days later it broke then I got fixed it
I just had a look at that site -- there was no pricing on the Civ3 page, and no barrier to downloading the file, i.e. that website is not a legitimate source of Civ3. So I've little sympathy if it's not working for you.

If you want to play the game, you should buy it: it only costs about 5 bux from Steam, and often half that during sales (there will likely be a sale price available when Civ6 gets released next month). My download-version of Civ3Complete from Gamers Gate (including the Editors for all 3 versions) works just fine on my Win8.1 box -- although I did also need to download a legit NoCD patch to run the Vanilla version, after Microsoft decided to kill the secdrv.sys driver (used for the SafeDisk/ SecuROM copy-protection) last year.

That said, I just tried to find Civ III on GG, and it doesn't appear to be available anymore -- although they do still have Civs IV and V, and Civ:BE. The HumbleStore sells a Steam key for Civ3, so you'd still need Steam's client software installed if you bought from them.

Or you could buy a disk-based version from Amazon, although that usually costs more -- and you'd also need to make sure that the version you buy doesn't need the secdrv.sys driver, or it may not even install on Windows Vista and up.

my computer is a win 10 surface it don't insert cds

Or even cheaper (this is how I installed Civ3 on my Netbook that also doesn't have a CD/DVD drive):
- Enter the CD into your desktop PC (or find a friend who still has a desktop/laptop with CD/DVD drive)
- On that desktop, share the CD drive (e.g. E:\) as a network drive
- Connect your Win10 Surface to the same LAN as the desktop and map the shared drive
- Open the shared network drive in Explorer and start the autorun.exe from there
- Download the legal NoCD patch.

Done!

No-CD Patch

Instructions for installing the No-CD patch are here.

Lanzelot - That's a good idea. I didn't install a DVD/BR drive when I built my current system, but I've installed programs to my Galaxy Tab from my computer via USB. I would assume if you had access to a computer with a DVD/BR drive you could simply connect the Surface Pro to the computer via USB and install Civ that way without messing with installing it via LAN.

Top Bottom