Civ3MP Recent Gameplay Recordings.

Nathiri

Commander
I just thought I would notify of some recent competitive multiplayer games that have been happening on civ3.

Suede has just started doing his own commentaries for his games that you can find on his youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvJNJ8HF5BWrErL-RpvqbYQ
A good short aggressive game from Suede:

Suede is rather new at commentary, but he is improving with each game. The voice volume for the first couple may vary, because of not adjusted mic volume, or moving away from the mic.

For a while now, I do have some of my own, no commentary, games on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/29blazehead/videos

We use the CivPlayers Civ3 League Steam chatroom for daily games. Join us there usually around the early afternoon (EST) for games.

Hello,I see accelerated production and some changes in this MOD.But if is accelerated production,forest chopped gives 5 shields,or too 10?

Hello,I see accelerated production and some changes in this MOD.But if is accelerated production,forest chopped gives 5 shields,or too 10?

Yeah MP is almost always played with that, but QC, which was also included in the default MP scenarios, is even quicker. This is a modified version of that default qc though. So yes forest give 5 shields. Everything is supposed to be halved, though poprush shields are not. So GA is only 10 turns.

This is the properties page of the 1.41 version of qc: Neil's Changes: doubling speed of unit producing wonders, food production of tiles and resources, and culture from buildings; halving production costs for everything, research costs, golden age length, minimum research times, and worker job lengths. No Despotism tile penalty. Settlers take 3 city population. No ancient civs. Suede's Changes: Ivory, Oasis, Irrigated desert produce more food. Irrigation w/o fresh water at cosntruction. Infantry attack increased. Custom Map sizes. "Tobacco" makes bad terain more tolerable. Industrial Era Reworked.

Niel's 1.2 version was from the ladder days of CivPlayers. It was updated over the past couple years by Suede to have some balancing edits. Some of the changes related to making certain civs a bit better so they were not the worst, or had troublesome GAs to achieve.

Yeah MP is almost always played with that, but QC, which was also included in the default MP scenarios, is even quicker. This is a modified version of that default qc though. So yes forest give 5 shields. Everything is supposed to be halved, though poprush shields are not. So GA is only 10 turns.

This is the properties page of the 1.41 version of qc: Neil's Changes: doubling speed of unit producing wonders, food production of tiles and resources, and culture from buildings; halving production costs for everything, research costs, golden age length, minimum research times, and worker job lengths. No Despotism tile penalty. Settlers take 3 city population. No ancient civs. Suede's Changes: Ivory, Oasis, Irrigated desert produce more food. Irrigation w/o fresh water at cosntruction. Infantry attack increased. Custom Map sizes. "Tobacco" makes bad terain more tolerable. Industrial Era Reworked.

Niel's 1.2 version was from the ladder days of CivPlayers. It was updated over the past couple years by Suede to have some balancing edits. Some of the changes related to making certain civs a bit better so they were not the worst, or had troublesome GAs to achieve.
OK,thank you for response.I met a Hamachi network via GameRanger with players most russians playing a MOD too with accelerated production,but with forests 10 shields,'no matter forest 10 shields' their opinion,I have other opinion.

OK,thank you for response.I met a Hamachi network via GameRanger with players most russians playing a MOD too with accelerated production,but with forests 10 shields,'no matter forest 10 shields' their opinion,I have other opinion.

Yes thats ruciv I assume. Some of those players, also play with the Steam CivPlayers Civ3 League. They usually play a scenario called Balanced, which is faster, but not as fast as qc. I havent played it myself, but I hear it has a pretty high skill level to it, due to some of the extra abilities given. I heard one of them is giving a worker a transport capacity. This means, a bad start location is easy to move from, and sneak attacks can be done from 1 move units like swords. Another change is med infs I believe have amphibious capability, or some other unit, so to stop early picketing (blocking coastal tiles with units or terrain improvements).

Top Bottom