Civ4 Leaders Mod

That's why it's so woefully silly of Civ to always put Montezuma II in... ;)

Hi there, great mod ... liked it the first time I used it.... but one MAJOR problem. :confused:

I can't load a saved game with this mod. I get a text error that indicates it is looking for a directory that starts with "mod" ... something like mod\C:\programfiles\firaxisblah....\mods\leader whenever it tries to load. Obviously, this path doesn't exist.

Please help, is Civ crazy, is your mod crazy, or am I crazy?

- Thanks,
Occam

I, as a German, find it pretty disgusting that you want to put Hitler in a game. Not much to explain this, as it is a pretty obvious reason one would think.

Jecrell said:
It doesn't matter that much, but Augustus Caesar was the name he was known for at the time. He wasn't being called Octavion during Pax Romana -- so I don't really think it qualifies so much as a title as a name. Although it certainly can be defined as a title as much as a Japanese name change can be called a title.

The difference won't be life altering to call Augustus Caesar as Octavion -- I just personally feel Augustus is more suitable.

Jecrell is right.

Proof being that if you called Augustus by the name of Octavion after he accepted the name Augustus he'd probably punch you in the face much like Buzz Aldren did to this guy. http://videos.humpingfrog.com/12066/2005/11/buzz-aldrin-tries-to-knock-out-guy-on-live-tv.html

Its just disrespectful.

Rondini said:
Jecrell is right.

Proof being that if you called Augustus by the name of Octavion after he accepted the name Augustus he'd probably punch you in the face much like Buzz Aldren did to this guy. http://videos.humpingfrog.com/12066/2005/11/buzz-aldrin-tries-to-knock-out-guy-on-live-tv.html

Its just disrespectful.
He had it coming~

But I think Augustus would do more than punch.

JDexter said:
I, as a German, find it pretty disgusting that you want to put Hitler in a game. Not much to explain this, as it is a pretty obvious reason one would think.

Personally, I am so glad that Llotyhy took the time, patience, and hard work to assemble this modification as quickly and efficiently as he did. Now, it may abosolutely drive you to the brink of madness thinking on "why" Hitler was included, but I think you should note that this is a modification created by a single person, and, naturally, it would carry over that person's ideas for important leaders that need to be added to the game. It would be harsh of you to ask the publicly released modification be modified over such a request in his eyes I imagine.

Of course, since there is some modability to this -- you can simply remove Hitler from your game files. If you'd like me to help out with that, I'd be glad to help. Even though, personally, I feel Hitler fits in as much as Genghis Kahn and Mao Zedong -- we can't have all the most wonderful peaceful lovable characters only in the game, I feel. But I will help you, because I respect your opinion.

I think everyone has their opinions on which leaders were sweet and peaceful and which leaders were ruthless dictators who smashed children's heads against the walls etc. but I think that's kinda besides the point.

The intention of this mod is to include those leaders in the game that have had a profound importance in world history. Of course, Hitler wasn't the nicest guy, but as a leader and important historical figure, he deserves to be in the game.

occam said:
Hi there, great mod ... liked it the first time I used it.... but one MAJOR problem. :confused:

I can't load a saved game with this mod. I get a text error that indicates it is looking for a directory that starts with "mod" ... something like mod\C:\programfiles\firaxisblah....\mods\leader whenever it tries to load. Obviously, this path doesn't exist.

Please help, is Civ crazy, is your mod crazy, or am I crazy?

- Thanks,
Occam

I've never had this problem... all my savegames load pretty normal. Anyone else?

Personally, I'm glad Hitler would be in the game. It would be fun to play *against* the bastard, y'know?

(And yes my people were holocaust victems)

When I download the mod, it is only 97k and I get an "unexpected end of archive" error.

I'd say try it again, cause I just redownloaded it to test and it's 2.92 mb like it's supposed to be.

I'm finally done with all the uni assignments I had the past week, so from tomorrow on I'll start working on versio n 1.1 and 1.2... :)

@occam:
You have to put the mod in the CIV folder, NOT the ..\My Games\Custom Assets\Mods folder!

Regarding Hitler:
Of course it's not my mod, I don't even play it because I favor the slower tech & balance one, but you cannot compare him to other dictators. Try watching a movie about a KZ (concentration camp) where they killed, or rather slaughtered, so many million people. Sure, there were similar things in history, but never on such a huge scale. I'd never play him and most Germans would be really upset if they saw another German play him (even in a game), because of Neo-nazis around the globe still being so stupid and naive. Of course it's your choice - I'd certainly enjoy to smash his empire, maybe I'll download this after all... ;)

JDexter said:
@occam:
You have to put the mod in the CIV folder, NOT the ..\My Games\Custom Assets\Mods folder!

Regarding Hitler:
Of course it's not my mod, I don't even play it because I favor the slower tech & balance one, but you cannot compare him to other dictators. Try watching a movie about a KZ (concentration camp) where they killed, or rather slaughtered, so many million people. Sure, there were similar things in history, but never on such a huge scale. I'd never play him and most Germans would be really upset if they saw another German play him (even in a game), because of Neo-nazis around the globe still being so stupid and naive. Of course it's your choice - I'd certainly enjoy to smash his empire, maybe I'll download this after all... ;)

Of course I can argue this into the ground, but I'd rather not.
I'm glad you're going to at least download the mod. This is, perhaps, my favorite mod released so far.

And I'm hoping for an update in the near future. :)

Niffweed, could you finish the civic list please? :cool:

The only ones that need to be done are the ones in the original version of this mod...

Churchill, Hitler, Stalin, Lincoln, Philip II, Ramesses II, Darius, Sundiata Keita, Meiji, Itzcoatl, Pachacuti, Pericles, Trajan, Muhammad

Thanks in advance! :D

BTW: I'm almost done... I'm doing 1.1 and 1.2 in one... so in a few days we'll have 27 additional leaders. :D

Jecrell said:
Of course I can argue this into the ground, but I'd rather not.
I'm glad you're going to at least download the mod. This is, perhaps, my favorite mod released so far.

And I'm hoping for an update in the near future. :)

I appreciate this a *LOT* :blush:

no problem. the same applies to the following as to the other civics assigned: i'm trying to balance them out, so some of them may not fit perfectly, but all do reflect one aspect or another of the leader's character or culture.

churchill- police state.
hitler- interesting. theocracy, not because nazi germany was theocratic, but because the traits work very well concerning the holocaust historically.
stalin- state property
lincoln- emancipation
philip II- nationhood
ramsses II- organized religion
darius- free market
sundiata- free religion
meiji- pacifism
itzcoatl- caste system
pachacuti- vassalage
pericles- universal suffrage
trajan- beauracracy
muhammad- organized religion

Thank you JDexter, you are absolutely right. :goodjob:

- O

Just wanted to pop my head in to say 'thanks'.

This is the only mod I've enjoyed so far for Civ4, and one I've really enjoyed. One thing that has bothered me a great deal so far is being forced to use/not use certain civs due to the leader options. This opens up a lot more civs for me to play and enjoy without being forced to use traits I'm not interested in. Thanks again.

Thanks a lot! :)

Wait until the next version (with 28 additional leaders) comes out tomorrow, you're gonna love that! :)

I guess, what you like about this mod is what made me do it in the first place... I don't really like those mods that change gameplay and all... that's why there won't be industrious/philosophical leaders in the 1.2 version.

Only mods I love so far are my own (hehe ;), no mine needs a lot of improvement), CivArmy s. 1994's additional civs are absolutely great... I'm even starting to think about making a mod with all his extra civs, my own leaders mod and put it all together, just for myself... maybe add some more leaders on his Civs... ;) And, the lioness-mod, because that struck me as silly the first time I played Civ IV... but apart from that, nah... don't really like it.

Llotyhy said:
CivArmy s. 1994's additional civs are absolutely great... I'm even starting to think about making a mod with all his extra civs, my own leaders mod and put it all together, just for myself... maybe add some more leaders on his Civs... ;)

hey, why on earth not?

i've attempted to combine both of the two mods partially with little success. your mod and civarmy's are the only ones i actually use... so making a mod with the two of them could be a very good idea. maybe he could contribute some animated leaderheads to your cause too...

1.2 almost ready... :)

Top Bottom